What's new

Freischütz - Maurer Söhne LSM for Bayern Park

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
(I couldn't see this topic anywhere, and it didn't crop up in a quick search. Anyway...)

http://www.bayern-park-coaster-blog.de

101021_Strecke_Freischuetz.jpg

Stats and info from RCDB:
http://www.rcdb.com/9100.htm

Length: 1584' 8"
Height: 78' 9"
Inversions: 5
Speed: 49.7 mph
G-Force: 4.4

Elements:
Top Hat - Inside
Loop
Heartline Roll
Inclined Loop
Heartline Roll

Theme:
The ride is based on an opera from Carl Maria Von Weber. In short, you are the 7th bullet, controlled by the devil himself. The station will be themed like the barrel of a gun. During the ride you will pass over a stream and through the "Wolfsschlucht" being the cave/abyss in which the main character casts the cursed bullets together with the devil.

World's first opera-themed coaster!

That's amazing!

It actually looks pretty decent as well.

gavin said:
World's first opera-themed coaster!

That's amazing!

It actually looks pretty decent as well.

Speaking of which, the layout resembles a treble clef! <3 :lol:

Ha, that looks neat. I love the story behind it too, can't wait to see how this looks completed.

It seems like lots of little, what I would term 'crappy' parks are investing in big thrills for the 2011 season, can anyone hazard a guess as to why? I'm stumped myself, but obviously I'm not going to complain, the better the parks are the more likely I am to visit them. Not just for the 'creds' anyway.

Wonder if they'll put a load of fat women on the first ride?

I do like these little-big Gerstlauer launched things, they're usually lots of fun.

TPR are doing some coverage for IAPPA now, and whilst at the Maurer booth, they talked about new disco wheels just for this ride, which do something pretty cool (from 5:20) onwards:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMijgqI2eHk[/youtube]

EDIT: Didn't see the IAPPA topic before posting this, whoops. Suppose it's nice having it in the topic tho.

Those wheels are awesome! So far the coolest thing I've seen at IAAPA this year :) (ok, maybe tied with the launched shuttle woodie) I hope they retro-fit these on their other rides. They even talk of doing it on HRRR in the video, but of course it's up to the parks in the end.

This ride + those wheels + being launched out of a barrel of a gun = one big fat awesome coaster.

A launched woodie or a shuttle woodie.......both gotta be good.

Put them together thats going to one amazing ride if they build one (hopefully in Britain near me) :--D

I can't believe I've only just seen this! This thing sounds like its going to be EPIC! Just a shame its in the middle of nowhere, and not within a reasonable distance of any decent parks (from what I could tell with a quick look). Still, if I ever happen to be nearby, I'd definitely want to go on this.

I've been having a look at what else the park has got to offer, and it looks like we can expect them to get another one of these in a few years time. Afterall, they've got 2 butterfly coasters, and 2 tivolis.... :?

I've been looking for construction pics, but all I can find is a couple on RCDB from December

http://rcdb.com/9100.htm?p=0 (I tried to look for them on airtimers, but it's all in foreign, so I failed. There's also a picture of Robb Alvey on the home page which really put me off)

d4mi28sc00057ag0n4h13v.jpg

5io00l7ag0n4h03vi68sc0.jpg

97dop000ael01e9227v4kh.jpg

gl407v4ohop000ael01e92.jpg

Good work, Jerry! I went looking for these again about an hour ago, but to no avail. Damn you and your German super powers! ;)

Nic said:
I can't believe I've only just seen this! This thing sounds like its going to be EPIC! Just a shame its in the middle of nowhere, and not within a reasonable distance of any decent parks (from what I could tell with a quick look). Still, if I ever happen to be nearby, I'd definitely want to go on this.

Yeah, not much near there, apart from 'Wild Train'!

ml8r0cftc5v08aqu0015jb.jpg

Which is the maddest looking kiddiecoaster ever.

It is pretty close to Munich though, so Oktoberfest!