What's new

Ghost trains and dark rides.

Re: Ghost trains and dark rides.

The Ghost Train in Coral Island has gone now, it has been re-themed into a Interactive dark ride themed to Pirates and it is called Pirate Quest. Unlike the Ghost Train which it replaced, it is now £2 to go on. I've been past it, but it was closed for maintenance then.

Managed to find this video on youtube though - http://youtu.be/V_kRA8AvubM (Video copyright to Theme Park Worldwide)

Pretty much is the Ghost Train with pirate theming now :p

Here's a couple of pics of the new pirate ghost ride at coral island.

They confirm that it's now only 1 pound entry. Thanks to Alan for the photos and the review below.

The ride is hidden behind all the advertising,and also a Pirate train ride goes across the front.You buy a token for £1 and go up some steps and suddenly you are at the old ride side with the same carriages.The actual ride is very good and quite frightening at times,you have a button to press every time you see a red light in front of you,but so much is happening that you do not always see the lights.Did enjoy it.I asked the lad about it and he just said it was the ghost train but has been revamped with pirates.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343944900.583490.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343944900.583490.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 48
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343944917.600828.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343944917.600828.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 48

Looks like I'm going to get to brean in a week or so. Heard the ghost train is good. Any tips?

the ghost train is great! you may end up doing a wallk of shame on the booster though (I did :( )

Dubaidave said:
Looks like I'm going to get to brean in a week or so. Heard the ghost train is good. Any tips?

Yep, don't go on it with Will :lol:

It's certainly different in that they've made a real effort (well, they ordered decent props from America) rather than just went to Asda and raided the Halloween aisle ;)

Tip for Brean: They only have a handful of staff operating all of the rides, so be prepared to wait outside a ride before somebody comes over to work the thing. Also, the crying children getting off of the ghost train are a particular highlight.

Heading to brean tomorrow via the pier at Weston. They have given me permission to Gil. And photo the ghost train and strange Homemade psychedelic walkthrough.

Yay