What's new

Gianvanola Hypers to receive seat-belts

Darren B

Giga Poster
Not ground braking news, but on the back of the New Texas Giant incident Six Flags are insisting that their Giovanola Hypers are to receive seat-belts. Magic Mountains are already in place and it's expected Titan will receive the same treatment for the 2014 season.

I can't remember either having a serious incident? but I guess due to the intensity of these beasts it makes sense. I'm really hoping Six Flags don't add seat-belts to their B&M Hypers though, that would harm their terrific throughput.

Source http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_fla ... untain.htm

Re: RE: Gianvanola Hypers to receive seat-belts

Interesting. Only reason I can think is since both basically stop on MCBR and the banking is pretty steep and you aren't going fast at all causing an extreme lean in the front two cars. Maybe there was a near incident? Probably just an over reaction though.

I cannot even remember leaving my seat on Goliath at Magic Mountain.

They slowed it down before the helix as people blacked out, I think that what happened to the person.

There were seat belts on Goliath at MM? Odd...dont remember seeing them.

I believe I got some air on the first drop cause I sat in the back. Not sure though...

So this is just an over-reaction I take it?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

B&M hyper restraints are so fantastic that they don't need seat belts! those clamps are comfy, they're large, and they're same. And because of the seat configuration, don't you think that it would be hard to add them? I doubt that theyll be coming to B&M.

It's just a precautionary step so that if the worst case scenario happened, the company are minimising how eligible they are to be sued under the circumstances of a death.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.