What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

I saw AC/DC at Wembley last night. And it was god damn amazing.

I was stood towards the front near the middle. The crowd was amazing, never stood still for the 2 or more hours they were on-stage.

The Answer and The Subways were supporting. Subways were meh. Never been called a "Sexy Mother-F'er" in all my life though. The Answer were ok, had crappy sound though.

But when 'DC came on, the crowd just exploded. They played Rock 'n' Roll Train first, much better live than on the album.

The rest of the songs were well varied from a lot of their albums, 5 I think were from their newest; Black Ice, which is surprising little considering it was the supporting tour for it. The 20+ minute (it seemed anyway :--D ) Angus Young guitar solo was incredible. He just loves performing. Him and Brian Johnson sure can move for 50-60 year olds!

All in all one of the best nights of the year. Truly brilliant.

Should have met me /\ I was the guy in the CF hat :cool: Left side (Far side in that video below) and I got caught up in the huge surge at the start which was worse than a mosh pit here is some one elses video to show you what it was like. Mine are nearly done (about 2 hrs left).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHI-F4x-ghs[/youtube]

^I was stood on the left too, I didn't see anyone in a CF hat though....

And I agree, the surge at the start was amazing. We moved so far to the right we ended up just a few metres away from the runway in the middle.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV-Yh0SZnwU[/youtube]

I NEED Sky. I don't have it =(.

It was/is such a great tour.

will it let you? I'll be surprised if its not copy protected. I've had mixed fortunes with trying to record stuff like that.

im going to see enter shikari at oxford in october aswell as greenday and bring me the horizon. i havent really seen any big bands except mcfly but i was dragged along. the best gig i went to was probably either cute is what we aim for because that was the only one apart from mcfly i didnt get any bruises or mindless self indulgence

Well last night I saw Jamie T at the Roundhouse in Camden. Support was **** (Slow Club, I think?)

When Jamie T came on the stage the place went nuts, commence sweaty pushing etc. etc.

All in all, ****ing brilliant!

I've just been asked to go to Sonisphere this weekend.. But its impossible for me too get there :( I'm proper gutted lol.

Green Day in October though, I can't wait for that one :D

Got some tickets for La Roux for my girlfriend's birthday, should be alright.

I also got a ticket for Editors, also at Southampton Guildhall, a few days before I see Bloc Party :D

Best concert I've been to was the Queen/Paul Rodgers concert in '04. Greatest concert ever but felt empty without Freddy Mercury. It was funny because there was this girl in front of us who was drunk as who knows what and a LOT of people were smoking pot.

Woohoo! It's August!

14th: Above & Beyond: 3 hour set, Gareth Emery: 3 hour set

28th: Armin van Buuren: 3 hour set, Gareth Emery and Alex M.O.R.P.H

:D

\o/