What's new

Gröna Lund | Monster | B&M Invert | 2021

In recent years, parks seem more interested in giving their coaster elements new and unique names than doing the same for the actual coasters themselves. Doesn't matter if the ride is called "Roller Coaster" if it has a Bent Inverted French Horn Spin somewhere in the layout.

In recent years, parks seem more interested in giving their coaster elements new and unique names than doing the same for the actual coasters themselves. Doesn't matter if the ride is called "Roller Coaster" if it has a Bent Inverted French Horn Spin somewhere in the layout.
umph. Don't even get me started on the "Horseshoe Roll" BS. ?

Does anyone know how much this total project is costing? Grona Lund is one of my favourite parks, and when I visited, everything was so tightly compacted together, so it must be one hell of an engineering team to get this whopper put in!

*Meanwhile in Batavia, Ohio*

@Antinos and I had the chance to swing by Clermont Steel to see what latest B&M track was rolling off the line. For painted track, it was looking more supports for Monster, and a portion of the Zero-G or Corkscrew inversion. Also spotted a few dozen unpainted track sections, fabricated but awaiting their paint job.

Image from iOS (9).jpgImage from iOS (10).jpgImage from iOS (11).jpgImage from iOS (12).jpg

Pretty cool to see a coaster being made on both sides of the pond!

Welp, at least Tusenfryd will have their Intamin quite built by the time I am able to out to visit this in turn. ;)