What's new

How much fun are Maxflight simulators?

Blackhole6670

Roller Poster
I have a couple of questions about the Maxflight simulator. Is it just a flight simulator or can it be a roller coaster simulator? If it can be a roller coaster simulator, can the passengers program the roller coaster? When it is a flight simulator, what activities can people do on it? Is the flight simulator just a combat simulator or is it a simulator where you just get to fly a plane? How much does it cost for two people? How much does it cost for one person? How long does the simulator last for? Are the joysticks on both sides of the seats, or are they on one side? How comfortable is the seat that the passengers sit in? How comfortable is the over the shoulder harness that is used to secure the passengers? How tight can the over the shoulder harness be? Can the restraints be as tight as the passengers want it? When do you choose what mode you want the simulator to be in? How much will my body move while the simulator is in motion? Where should my arms and legs be while the staff is strapping the passengers in? How popular is the simulator? Can the passengers hold on to the over the should harness? Can the passengers hold hands while the simulator is in motion? On the roller coaster setting of the simulator, can the passengers set the intensity, or is it set at a certain intensity? Is the flight simulator or roller coaster mode more popular? How much of my body will move that is inside the restraints? Do you enjoy the flight simulator or roller coaster more? How do you operate the joysticks? Should my head be against the seat or is it free to move? Should I try to keep my legs on the ground or are they free to move? How many forces are on my body during the ride? How intense are the forces on the body? If you could answer my questions I would be very happy. Thanks, Blackhole6670.

The ones that are just simulators are alright. You move around with movie playing. For the controllable one, they're very fun. It's not too intense, but still enjoyable. I'd highly recommend riding one.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

No offense but to me its crystal clear that you're asking all these questions because you're scared. These rides you ask questions about are just rides, they are designed for your entertainment and safety. No harm will come to you on the simulator or any ride you're curious about and when you ride, you should just sit back, relax and try to enjoy it :)

How much fun? Wait, a sec, got the number bookmarked here...

*looks up really obscure, totally-not-made-up-here-and-now bookmark*

Let's see... some university doctorate from the Netherlands quantified the fun of a two-year-old, off-shelf model of a Maxflight simulator to be roughly 1.24-1.26 kiloglee/minute. Not sure what that is in Imperial, though.

Oh, wait, it says at the bottom that "calculations are prone to wild fluctuations according to subjective experiences". Looks like you have to ride one to find out.

In all seriousness, though, it looks like you're asking for a minute description of the ride experience, to such a degree that you wouldn't have to ride it at all if you got all those questions answered. I really encourage you to just ride one, if you get the opportunity, and check for yourself. At any rate, we could spend pages of text describing a Maxflight, but still fail to convey the sensation of riding. The best way to find out would be to simply ride one and see.