What's new

Hull Fair

T0M

Hyper Poster
Starts tomorrow. Can anyone tell me how the ride pricing works for Hull Fair? Is it pay on entry/tokens/wristband? I have never been before.

I'd rather poke my eyes out with sporks then go to Hull. No offence Manderr and Maddie.

Dave said:
I'd rather poke my eyes out with sporks then go to Hull. No offence Manderr and Maddie.

Why do you have to poke your eyes out before going to Hull?

Well then I don't have to bare my eyes on such a place, Milton keynes was bad enough.

Hull isn't that bad actually. And from what I've heard from Maddie you pay per ride. Not sure if it's tokens or you just pay with cash.

Load of rubbish, don't bother anyone. Three to five versions of exactly the same ride in many cases. Drop tower is £7 a go and it is just a single drop. The bunjee elastic capsule catapult thing, whatever they're called, is £10 a go.

Full of ASBO-types as you would expect.

Tom Green said:
Load of rubbish, don't bother anyone. Three to five versions of exactly the same ride in many cases. Drop tower is £7 a go and it is just a single drop. The bunjee elastic capsule catapult thing, whatever they're called, is £10 a go.

Full of ASBO-types as you would expect.

Thats generally the norm, probably because you hit the fair at its busiest time, the busier the fair the higher the ticket prices will be, if you go in the daytime the prices will be lower.

I went last night, the drop tower was £2 a go, along with most other rides!

Even if the tower was £7, I'd still recommend it - It's the most incredible drop I have ever been on (which include Hurucan Condor, Apocalypse, Detonator, cliffhanger, venom etc).

I got on for free anyway, heh heh!

LATE but, Dave you cheeky pillock I have been to places far worse than Hull, for example, Goole and likewise.

'Fair was actually a heap of crap this either, either down to the fact that I spent about £40 on food and sweets alone (obviously didn't ride anything) and / or the fact there were no new attractions. I wouldnt say it was over priced either, just standard fair prices. The last night they were running the Starflyer at £1.50, quite cheap in my opinion.

On fair I do wish was cheaper was Winter Wonderland in London. £20 will get you on 3 rides if you're lucky. I only go for the coasters usually.

Danzibarr said:
Even if the tower was £7, I'd still recommend it - It's the most incredible drop I have ever been on (which include Hurucan Condor, Apocalypse, Detonator, cliffhanger, venom etc).

What type is it?

Isn't this Hull Fair supposed to be a big deal? It seems to get mentioned quite a bit, so I always imagined it would be a slightly smaller scale of the Goose Fair.

Anyone been to the Fair thy have in Boston, Lincs? Its actually quite good. There were 5 credz last year for whore inside you.

It's a Fabbri like Thorpe's, but with the seats arranged in a square (3 on each side) as opposed to a circle. It's a few feet taller than detonator, and the drop feels so much more powerful (It's got the rams that push you down faster than gravity, which I know Detonator does too, but they definitely feel different!)

Hull was much better than Goose fair this year, they're both about the same size, although Hull is probably a little bigger! Had my first (and last) ride on a Fabbri Wild Mouse coaster too - it was horrendous compared to the Reverchon ones.. and that's saying something!

The Fabbri's have two lift hills, and pretty much no drops! Not the best pics to show the difference but here's a couple from google images;

Reverchon
magazine_15_spotreverchon_small.jpg

Fabbri
128_8_large_h.jpg

Bah, you need a bit of roughness when you're going to these sort of places, ha ha!

Danzibarr said:
The Fabbri's have two lift hills, and pretty much no drops! Not the best pics to show the difference but here's a couple from google images;

Oh I get ya now. I know them, there's one of those at Botton's.

I think I'm correct in saying some other company continued the Reverchon model after they went under, thats why I thought they were the same.