What's new

I have not been to an amusement park in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhole6670

Roller Poster
It has been at least 4 years since I have been at an amusement park. I am hoping to go to kings island, but I feel like I won't be ready for the rides. This is because I have not ridden the good rides at an amusement park. I heard from a member on these forums that I should go to Beech Bend Park to get used to amusement park rides again. I know the staff is rude at Beech Bend. I also know that the lines are very short for rides at beech bend. I am going to try to ride every ride that does not get me wet (I hate getting wet at an amusement park), including air race and vortex. The only ride that looks good at beech bend is The Kentucky Rumbler. This park will also give me an opportunity to ride a small drop tower ride (small being relative to other drop tower rides at major parks). This way I can find out what rides I like and what rides I don't like. Do you have any advice for anyone who has not been to an amusement park in a while? Is air race, vortex, or zero G the best flat ride at the park? Also, do you miss Power Surge at beech bend park? They replaced power surge with air race at beech bend park. Any help is helpful to me.

Then go, I guess. If you don't want to do that, do Dollywood. It's so good. It has a nice coaster selection that you can work your way up with. Also, cinnamon bread.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

I have not been to an amusement park in a while.
Neither have I
ZpMKk.gif

After my hiatus I found going to a large but familiar park ideal. I don't think it's something you need to ease yourself back into, plus going to a smaller park and having a bad time might put you off going to the bigger, better parks altogether.

Kentucky Rumbler looks ok, what is your coaster count blackhole? Perhaps if we knew how many you have ridden we could be a little more helpful. Also have you ridden an air race before? I rode my first one 3 weeks ago and hated it, I was on a really long cycle and they are way to long and repetitive.

Despite going up side down, Air Race rides are mild, fun and suitable for children aged 7 and over.

Since you live in Tennessee, I have some advice: 1. Ask your parents to drive you to Dollywood. 2. Be a man and ride Lightning Rod and the other coasters they have. 3. Come back and tell us all how great it was!

Maybe you could go to Dollywood, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World or Six Flags St Louis? Looking on a map these themeparks seem to be the closest to you and they all have good rollercoasters that im sure you would enjoy. I believe there are CF members attending lives at some of these parks soon perhaps you could visit with some of the CF'ers on here?

I have looked at all the parks y'all suggested and I can not decide between holiday world and Kentucky kingdom. Which is better for someone who has not ridden a drop tower ride? Which is closer to Nashville?

Blackhole6670 said:
I have looked at all the parks y'all suggested and I can not decide between holiday world and Kentucky kingdom. Which is better for someone who has not ridden a drop tower ride? Which is closer to Nashville?

Holiday World has Voyage and Thunderbird so imo, that would be my first choice! You can ride a drop tower some other time

Blackhole6670 said:
What does a drop tower have to do with it?

Do you really need to 'prepare' for a theme park? Just go wherever you want and enjoy it, after all they are designed for people to have fun. Its a theme park, not the **** Gaza Strip.

Getting back in the game doesn't require any real acclimation. And Beech Bend only has one GCI and one wild mouse coaster (and that new spinning family coaster); hardly a park worth visiting in general.

If you are really determined to visit an intermediary park, I would recommend Kentucky Kingdom or Holiday World. Both are 2.5 hours from Nashville (Dollywood is 3.5 hours) and carry a far better selection of rides than Beech Bend. (including smaller stuff to start out on)

I would however ultimately recommend simply visiting Dollywood, Kings Island, or SFOG outright - you will have smaller rides to acclimate, and bigger stuff once you're ready.

I will most likely go to Kings Island because the rides are more thrilling than other places. What advice do you have for kings island? When is Kings Island the least busy?

Blackhole6670 said:
I will most likely go to Kings Island because the rides are more thrilling than other places. What advice do you have for kings island? When is Kings Island the least busy?

Ride Banshee first then Diamondback! Then ride Drop Zone or whatever the hell its called. Have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.