What's new

Indiana Beach I All American Triple Loop | Quimera (Dreier Looper) relocation | 2024

Excuse my ignorance but was anyone hurt or in any real danger during those rollbacks? In the video of the incident the descent/rollback looks controlled and the passengers did not appear to be hurt. I am all in favor of calling out parks doing sketchy or unsafe practices, but I think the concern over this ride is overblown. How is it IB’s fault that the ride had an accident back in 2019? They turned the brakes back on and the train now climbs the second lift at normal speed. Additionally, the only part of the ride that was hurting riders was removed. I’ve never been to IB but what am I missing here? Just seems like they have taken the proper precautions (and like 3 years) to get this ride open and they are still getting ****.
Hurt? No.
In real danger? I'd say so.

Worth looking back at the thread from the first accident onwards to get a better idea of the accidents and how preventable they are: https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...er-relocation-2024.44533/page-12#post-1172556

I'm not a big one for scaremongering, and I don't have any great issue with them relating the ride after the big crash in Mexico, but that was always on the basis that they'd do full inspections, updates and the like.

The fact they'd cobble together a train of lead cars, rather than invest in a new set of cars, speaks volumes to me. (And is probably why they're having troubles with rollbacks anyway) It seems like they want the recognition of it, but can't really afford to get it to the standard it should be at. How many times do Olympia looping or alpina bahn slide back down the lift? Both coasters have run consistently and for longer than this one, but they've been cared for and invested in to keep them in tip top condition.

Hurt? No.
In real danger? I'd say so.

Worth looking back at the thread from the first accident onwards to get a better idea of the accidents and how preventable they are: https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...er-relocation-2024.44533/page-12#post-1172556

I'm not a big one for scaremongering, and I don't have any great issue with them relating the ride after the big crash in Mexico, but that was always on the basis that they'd do full inspections, updates and the
You’re right it’s definitely not 100% ‘safe’ and IB should’ve foreseen this problem during the delays. I’m just of the mind that if there was a significant chance someone could be hurt from these situations, someone would’ve sued/reported the park. After all, the American public has the habit of being very litigious

The fact they'd cobble together a train of lead cars, rather than invest in a new set of cars, speaks volumes to me. (And is probably why they're having troubles with rollbacks anyway) It seems like they want the recognition of it, but can't really afford to get it to the standard it should be at. How many times do Olympia looping or alpina bahn slide back down the lift? Both coasters have run consistently and for longer than this one, but they've been cared for and invested in to keep them in tip top condition.

This isn't a totally new practice - when the Schwarzkopf was in Canada it also had a train of exclusively lead cars. And as scary as that rollback video is, doesn't the coaster currently run just 1 train? If that's the case, wouldn't it be part of the insurers due-diligence to ensure the blocks all behave properly with 2 trains on the circuit at once? For now it may not be so significant so long as the train rolls back at a no-more-than moderate speed.

The rollback videos are a bit scary. I agree. And this coaster's track record is pretty dark. But what I take from the accordian bar removal is that the park are clearly working collaboratively with the higher powers, which I find more reassuring than anything tbh.