What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
monkeyonatable said:
ibreathesbs said:
monkeyonatable said:
The only problem I see with a vertical lift is that you might need guide wires coming off of it to keep it standing; like a cell phone tower. I say this because of the height of the lift and the fact it could topple over from a strong gust of wind.

That's like saying you need guide wire on drop towers...some of you kids failed Science...I'm sure of it.

No I didnt fail, and I didn't fail at engineering (which I am taking college level classes in both) either. I was looking at it from an engineering stand point, and to me it just seemed like a huge concern.

Like I said...thats like saying a drop tower needs guide wire or any other tall vertical structure with a foundation.

ibreathesbs said:
monkeyonatable said:
ibreathesbs said:
monkeyonatable said:
The only problem I see with a vertical lift is that you might need guide wires coming off of it to keep it standing; like a cell phone tower. I say this because of the height of the lift and the fact it could topple over from a strong gust of wind.

That's like saying you need guide wire on drop towers...some of you kids failed Science...I'm sure of it.

No I didnt fail, and I didn't fail at engineering (which I am taking college level classes in both) either. I was looking at it from an engineering stand point, and to me it just seemed like a huge concern.

Like I said...thats like saying a drop tower needs guide wire or any other tall vertical structure with a foundation.

I know, I was just pointing out a concern I had

Its a vertical lift and I just got goosebumps...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXII8cL_3M4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.screamscape.com%2Fhtml%2Fkings_dominion.htm&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

^Do you have an official source on the vertical thing?

Dave said:
Radical as it may be lets wait for it to start going up...

Balls to that! Where's the fun in just sitting around waiting for official announcements? :lol:

I have to say, I did some highly complicated experiments with a bottle opener and angles on Saturday night while drunk.

I came to the conclusion that although the lift hill is steep, I also now join the "not over 60 degree" club. It was clearly a very scientific experiment :lol:

Anyway, it still doesn't explain the mysterious track and supports...

At 0:22 in the video above you can see a silhouette of the lift and first drop. It looks very steep, maybe vertical, but I doubt that's a straight profile shot. The drawing's probably from an angle like this:
p730.jpg

So yeah, I still say 45 degrees.

My experiment (which was very scientific :p ) could not even get close to 45 degrees :)

I really don't buy into that video one bit, I mean I could make that within 20minutes - half an hour, I don't think KD would spend that little time on a professional looking teaser don't you?

Yeah them videos show alot of whats going on but my god, I don't think I've ever heard an as annoying person EVER!

Yes, how could we forget, being dedicated to a hobby means you have no life. Man, all my years of running track must mean I do nothing. :p

They are, but I wish they wouldn't make updates until there's something worth updating about. There's really nothing new in this video.

I think it's silly that everyone is making fun of him for taking videos and stuff.. I mean, the vast majority of us are here because we're coaster nerds, so it's not like we're that much better :p . Besides, if you're making fun of the video, you obviously watched it, soo..

^ Nice defense. But I have to agree he is kinda annoying. His voice is like a slow cartoon character.

We're not piss taking because of him making videos, the videos are good, its just he is VERY annoying, he just acts like an idiot, I don't know many UK members that act like him lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.