Is Saw the best ride in the UK?

Is Saw the best ride in the UK?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No.

Welcome to CF, your now in the selection of people that whenever they post, people get into the facepalm position ready for it.

Saw is all right, its not great, could have been themed better but generally a good ride. Not one of the best.

I definatly think it is on par with The Ultimate.

4x belly feeling, great inversions, great theme, what else could I ask for?

jokerman said:
Saw is the only ride I have ever come off of hoping to never have to go on it again. That's serious.

But why, what's so abd about it? You scared of the gun shot? You can't takke a little rattle at the bottom of the drop, which to be honest, I didn't notice :?

No, I came off with a hideous headache. I have never, ever experienced anything like it before or since. It was awful.

And nobody tell me that I was riding it "wrong" as people have in the past. If a ride requires you to ride it a certain way, then that is an awful ride.

*First post :)
jokerman said:
Saw is the only ride I have ever come off of hoping to never have to go on it again. That's serious.

I couldn't agree more. It does have the redeeming qualities of some great airtime and some pretty good theming; but it's just not worth the 2-3hour long headache afterwards. Next time I go Thorpe Park I'll just skip it and have some re-rides on Nemesis Inferno instead :--D
And I've ridden Rage at Adventure Island many times before and never experienced any pain.

Best coaster in the UK is probably Nemesis (NI and colossus close behind) Saw is probably the worst ride I've ridden; which annoys me. It has a nice layout, a cool indoor section with some good theming and some brilliant airtime; but the roughness ruins all of it :x

What is this about headaches, I never experienced a headache (6ft), sister rode it 6 times in a day (5ft 3), other sister must have done the same (erm... 5ft 9 :/), and not once has anyone complained of a headache or any rough section, I rode it last week for the first time and was expecting a really crap ride after all the reviews and was prepared for the worst, and I actually really enjoyed it, EXCEPTIONLY SMOOTH, only downer with me is the restraint tightened a bit more on the immelman, but it didn't really bother me until we waited to get off.

Guys who say they got headaches. I know this may sound silly but was it your first ride of the day and had you drank much?

^I actually think that's a stupid comment...

Not everyone drinks silly amounts... :roll:

I actually can't remember my rides on Saw, so that must be how bad it is... Don't think I got a headache... Colossus gives me that...

But as said, if any ride requires you to either ride in a particular seat or sit in a patricular way to get a decent ride then it's crap...

^ No it was more that if they hadn't drank much they'd get headaches a lot easier....

Nice fail there.

Slash said:
Guys who say they got headaches. I know this may sound silly but was it your first ride of the day and had you drank much?

I've rode Saw twice; sep 3rd sometime afternoon and Sep 13th at about 11AM.

Neither were my first ride of the day and I'd ridden a few rides before each of them. On the first ride I drank an average amount but on the second ride I had drank quite a lot more than normal (Bad throat :( )

Both times I rode front row with people around my age group of 13-15. All of us with the exception of the tallest person came off with a headache. And I also rode colossus with the same people in front row and somewhere around the middle. All thought it was totally smooth.

I think maybe eurofighters are smoother in row 2? On Rage for all of my recent rides I was in row 2 and found it smooth, although I have heard people say that Rage is rough. But on saw I've always rode it in row 1 and found it painful.

If you think saw is rough would I be right in guessing you were in row 1? And vice versa for smooth rides in row 2? Just a theory anyway...

Well I don't know then, I found both rows smooth. Then again I found Corkscrew fairly smooth so that probably makes me a retard.

Slash said:
^ No it was more that if they hadn't drank much they'd get headaches a lot easier....

Nice fail there.

That's pure and utter bollocks...

I don't drink a lot of fluid in a day, usually only lunch and dinner, so saying that not drinking a lot in the morning and doing the first ride will cause headaches is even more of a fail since I don't get headaches on anything bar Colossus... And not everytime...

Sorry, but you fail...

Rubbish! As your more dehydrated because you haven't drank much, this makes you more susceptible to headaches and as a first ride of the day NORMALLY you havent drank much and have been on the road and you dont want to drink before going on a ride, so get your head out of your arse.

Why do I never get headaches on my first ride then?

Only once have I had pain from my first ride and that was Tatsu on my legs in a much warmer climate than here...

Seriously, my first rides have never been followed by headaches, NEVER...

I'm not denying that dehydration can severely affect riding but in our climate? Seriously, right now? When it's bloody freezing cold (and Thorpe is on a lake so it'll be colder) you're balming dehydration?

I only get problems with rides if I become extremely dehydrated. Even then, its just like feeling sick.

I tend to find rides getting rougher as the day goes on, by getting knackered after mass re-rides. First rides, never except Mean Streak, but thats just horrible and it was baking hot, and I'd alreadly had lots of rides in beforehand.

Saw I don't get why people find rough (except the bump), unless its your 10th go, then it plays basket ball with your brain! :)

I have noticed after the many rides on it, the track feels like its got many tiny flat spots, causing a pumping like effect on every pit of a hill. Thats the thing I find nasty after riding it lots. The slower it goes the better it feels aswell.

Anyway. Its not even close to the best UK ride. Thats taken to ether Nemesis, Oblivion, Megafobia, or I guess the Ultimate judging by how people rate that.

No, I wasn't dehydrated.

No, it wasn't my first ride of the day.

And will people please stop saying "if you are in the right row then it is ok".

Well I thought it was really smooth and didn't hurt me at all. Speed on the other hand :(

However, it's just a bit bland. It's not awful, but not great. I'm in no rush to head back to Thorpe to ride it just to see if it actually does hurt.

Well it is themed to a series of movies that involve people being injured and killed, so surely a bit of pain would be expected?

I don't know if will be rough, I never seem to find rides rough, and looking at videos of this, it doesn't look like, although riding it is the only way to know for sure.

Is it more the restraints or more the ride itself?