What's new

iSpeed, Intamin LSM coaster for Mirabilandia in 2009

Yeah, it does stop, but that's becouse the train has to get hooked onto the cable to get launched...
Well, I guess it does count as a MCBR, but still, that wasn't my point. I ment MCBR, as in a brakerun in the middle of the track, without a launch or lift after it, just for the increasie of capacity...
Like on B&Ms...

^Maverick is all LSM hunny.. no cable launch there.. ;)

And I know what ya meant.. I was just being a jackass.. :p

Hmm, I thought the launch was a cable...
Oh, well... You learn something new every day... :D

CA Screaming has about 3 trains on the circuit at the same time, its so cool. There are about 4 places on the track they could hold/stop trains if needed as we found out on our last go :( thats what happenes when you run an odd number of trains.

I have yet to see a B&M have 2 trains running at a time, they normally wait until the train is in the final brake run before sending the next train out. They just seem to use the MCBR to slow trains down rather than a check point. I have not been in really high season but I imagine on the Hulk they can run 3 trains.

^ The Hulk does run 3 trains. When I went there in spring, it was awesome, waited 45 minutes and there were trains going in and out so quickly it was untrue. They have a really tight team of staff, that were working really hard and got it done so well. Trains getting launched approximately every 30 seconds.

^^Yeah Marc, fat lot of good it does since they have (or at least had) a habit of stacking all the trains at once.

Same for Dueling Dragons.

And I thought Screamin' ran at least five trains? RCDB says six, but I don't know if they run them all at once...

And don't forget Air usually runs three!

Off the top of my head, I've also seen Khan, Medusa, Nitro, Behemoth, Apollo's Chariot, Alpengeist, Kumba, Montu and Kraken running three. It's more a case of parks only running three when it's busy enough to warrant it, and two/one when it isn't.

We saw 5 running on Screamin at the weekend. 2 in the station 3 on the main circuit. I think it was.

The time we had a problem was when they ran 4 I think it was with just one station open. We stopped on about 3 brake points ruined the ride totally.

For the Hulk and other I would have thought they would do one in the station, one on the lift/launch and one past the mcbr. Something like that anyway. But I bet they had one in the station and 2 on the final brake run lol. The problem is when the coaster does not last that long thats probably why they have the problem, they just dont get time to get the trains loaded and away just takes one person to mess the whole thing up. We found them really good when we went but they only had 2 trains on.

Khan as well at the weekend when they had 2 trains on, even though it was loaded and ready to go they did not dispatch until the train was in the final brake run.

I get so anoyed on Oblivian, the ride last what 30 seconds and you sit waiting to get off the train for minutes as they dont always use the exit station.

Thats why I just find they use mcbr to slow them down rather than use them to let the next train go.

Suppose we better get this back on topic though lol. I think on this coaster having a mcbr will again just be used to slow the train down rather than let the next one go. So in most cases mcbr do not improve through put, from what I have seen anyway. I would rather not stop on a mcbr anyway as I think that would ruin most rides, so I prefer slower though put but a complete ride with no stopping until the final brake run, hope that make sence.

I think they will use the MCB for the increase of capacity, tho...
Remember, the trains will probably only have 3 cars, and this will be the longest layout on a rocket coaster, so if they wouldn't have a MCB, it would probably a capacity nightmare...
Even if it's not the most crowded park out there...

Maybe then in this case they will launch the next train once one passes through the mcbr, but only when they run 3 trains. For me though it looks more like trims than a mcbr.

Just all depends if they can load the next train fast enough tbh.

Well the latestnews is, that they're going to stop construction, and start again after the holidays...
They certainly are taking their time...

On arrival of the news iSpeed, the novelty of 2009 Mirabilandia, Friday or Saturday on parksmania will be posted information about the departure of the station launched coaster being built in Wonderland.

In the following days will be reported when you begin to get the material for the construction of the new park in 2009.

And the italian version:
In arrivo delle notizie riguardanti iSpeed, la novità 2009 di Mirabilandia, venerdi o sabato su parksmania verranno pubblicate informazioni riguardanti la stazione di partenza del launched coaster in costruzione a Mirabilandia.

Nei giorni seguenti verrà data notizia di quando comincerà ad arrivare il materiale per la costruzione della novità 2009 del parco.

So, if I get this ride, there will be more news on parksmania.it over the weekend, including pictures of the "building material", which I think means the track and supports...?
Awesome!

I'v seen Kingda Ka run with 5 trains before. And Storm Runner with 3. Also I think this ride will be alot like Storm Runner (which I hated as I'm quite small so the OTSR banged my head around alot) with the launch, tophat and then 3 inversions? Sounds alot like Storm Runner in my opinion.

Vid_w said:
So, if I get this ride, there will be more news on parksmania.it over the weekend, including pictures of the "building material", which I think means the track and supports...?
Awesome!

Latest news from Parksmania.it translated into broken English. They have also posted an impression of what the station will look like.

The intense activities for the realization of " iSpeed" they are recommenced from some day and to short they will begin to arrive also the first coming pieces from Switzerland, center dell' company manufacturer of coaster innovation 2009 of Mirabilandia. Respected the previewed times are at the moment as till now various intense activities have been necessary actions to the preparation dell' area, that it had to be freed from the presence of part of the tracings of " Autosplash" and " Mirabilandia Express". To follow, they have been executed the excavation works and foundation, than preludono to the assembly of the parts in steel that will be raised till beyond 50 meters of height. Meantime has been decided also the tematizzazione of the station from which the trains of " will leave; iSpeed". The departure will be, like is famous, of type by now for a long time launch. The launch will come carried out directly dall' inside of the station.

ispeedok8.jpg