What's new

Last Cred Review

Done PortAventura for the first time the last 2 days. I'll do full reviews, but Furius Baco was the last hydraulic launch I needed in Europe, so I'll write words here.

Launch doesn't feel *that* powerful? Certainly the ride doesn't feel as fast as Stealth, for example, let alone faster. Coaster itself does very little. Inside seat is a bit uncomfortable but nothing awful. Outside seat is dreadful.

Thanks for the set, but that's your lot Baco.

#357 - The Great Pumpkin Coaster @ Kings Dominion - I figured since adults can ride this now and its really not too far out of my way, I'd snag the credit. I actually got 2 laps on it because there was no line. Its a decent coaster. Its a little jerky in spots but I really do like this mini-Milers a lot. Its still a one and done for me.

Now I've gotta ride the spinning coaster at Fun Land and I'll have ridden every operating coaster in Virginia. Will I make it there? IDK.

I'm a bit more excited for Rapterra and whatever BGW is getting next year regardless.

#357 - The Great Pumpkin Coaster @ Kings Dominion - I figured since adults can ride this now and its really not too far out of my way, I'd snag the credit.
....interesting. at Kings Island there was no problem with this, but today, at Kings Dominion, I was told no, kids only 🤔🤔 maybe I'll try again next week on my way back to Orlando

....interesting. at Kings Island there was no problem with this, but today, at Kings Dominion, I was told no, kids only 🤔🤔 maybe I'll try again next week on my way back to Orlando
vlcsnap-2024-08-02-00h07m45s333.jpg

CF loosened the restrictions on their kiddie coasters this year. The operator should've let you ride.

Finished our European road trip now, so perhaps some 'most notable' cred reviews from it. Not a massive selection.

'Proper parks' first:
Leolandia (Italy) - Nothing of note. +3
Big Blue, Dalmaland (Croatia) - Very enjoyable and holding up well given it's age. Rode a few times and in all seats it was good. Nothing else of note in the rest of the park. +2
Cobra, Freizeit-Land Geiselwind (Germany) - Got spited by one of these Wild Wind things in Manila a few years back, and was masochistically looking forward to riding this one. Got the back row. It was hateful. Quite a marvel to watch as it feels so impossible that it should work, but otherwise was grizzly. Mandatory second lap too - I don't know if this is standard on these or not, but it was not welcomed. +7

And now some of the alpines (to be frank, rode most of these to be able to add 'countries' to my count):
Arena Coaster, Zillertal Arena (Austria)
Alpesibob, Visegrádi Bobpálya (Hungary)
Bobová Dráha, Relaxpark Pec pod Sněžkou (Czechia)
AltmühlBOB, AltmühlBOB (Germany)
These were all rather forgettable. Either uninspired layouts, limited speed, busy, or all of the above.

Bobová dráha, Fun Park Žiarce (Slovakia) - This one has some very good airtime/yeet opportunities, and an understanding operator at the top who was quite happy for me to sit there a little longer to open up some space to the people in front. Very fun.
Berta, Areál Mladé Buky (Czechia) - The setting of this one was the best - with a start/finish over special bridges over a river - but it was also decently long and interesting.
Speed Bob, AltmühlBOB (Germany) - The most exciting one of these by a long way, that is, the alpine coaster with the airtime hill! This is undoubtedly a 'proper' coaster, no speed control, uphill sections, full circuit, case closed. It gathers some really quite serious speed for one of these little Weigand things, and the airtime is actually fairly respectable floater that's sustained for a good period across the hills. The brakes are savage at the end, and the ops are very, very slow, but it was worth a few laps. I gave up after a second lap as I couldn't face the queue again (~30mins a go in the baking heat surrounded by school children = no thanks). The alpine adjacent to it was bleak too (see list above).

This may be the last post of the year in here for me.

Last edited:
Spinosaurus - Funland Hayling island

Went to the Portsmouth docks to look round the Victory, Mary Rose and more, me and my friend had a nice day but i squeezed in a cred.

Honestly got a decent spin as i had the car to myself, i would say better than your generic SBF spinner.
IMG20240803182723_01.jpg

Also did the runaway mine train and the runaway name fits, its wild, already done it years ago and its more uncomfortable and forceful than then, got no breaks till the end and a square wheel made it feel very janky, it was kinda fun as it did give a out of control feel.

IMG20240803184548.jpg

Also as a nice random person gave me some tokens as they were going home and as a operator did not ask for any, plus free parking and entry, this little detor was free ☺️

Uhhh today was some local housekeeping.

#123 - Flying Dragon (Main Event Amusements) was in Niagara and enforcing a 54” max height, which is stupid when the train is made to fit adults. Ride op didn’t care enough and I still snuck on.
2EE5740D-977D-45F4-B266-DF06F8F88DDB.jpeg

#124 - For some reason I hadn’t yet ridden Silver Comet at Niagara Amusement Park and Splash World at Fantasy Island (ahhh branding). Due to some weather in the morning, maintenance couldn’t get it open until an hour before park close, which is right on brand really. Coaster passes with flying colours, delivering some great airtime, laterals, and tracking; I’d recommend as a back row ride. Only got three laps in today but I have a voucher to come back whenever the Serpent is finally put online.
F67D0C44-7CA3-418D-A811-B4DB12040330.jpeg

^
Always liked Silver Comet. Odd layout, but I'm a big fan of the CCIs.

I rode the last of the known coasters in Riyadh the other day and (aside from the Sky Rocket that doesn't open till October), this was probably the best one in the city. Smooth, decently quick, and a longer layout than most. Worth a couple of rides, especially since it's at the absolutely farthest spot away from where I am in the city.

IMG_9229.JPEG
IMG_9239.JPEG

Went on a trip to Belgium, Netherlands and Germany (with CoasterBreaks) and managed to collect up some incredible credits along the way. Thought I'd give the best ones some reviews.

Background: used to be a thorpe park fan about 20 years ago, and was fairly active on coasterforce then, aged 12-13. Since then stopped being an enthusiast but have been to Port Aventura and SF GAdv about 10 years ago. This year, Hyperia has re-ignited the spark.

In order that I rode them:

1) Kondaa
Think we did this 4 or 5 times total, minimal queues despite being a summer Saturday, which was very nice.

1000025000.jpg

Theming and landscaping around the queue and station is pretty awesome, with some cave art and things like that. There's a cool wobbly bridge across water which is quite fun just outside the entrance too. I'm not too bothered with theming generally, so I won't be talking about it too much in my reviews.

Onto the ride itself. Got back row first time and several other back-half cars in my later rides. Lift hill is fast. Personally I like a slow lift hill... but also I like being thrown over the top of a steep first drop, which this does well. So can't really complain. I hadn't really looked much into the coasters on this trip and I was a bit disappointed with Kondaa's height (164 ft), especially when I was told it was the tallest coaster on the trip. If Kondaa was 200+ feet it'd be a whole lot better.

The first drop took me by surprise with it's laterals. Having recently ridden Hyperia, the drop felt a lot more tame in comparison, but the lats are pretty powerful as it twists, which is quite nice. From there the next two big airtime hills/outer-bank are fairly awesome, but again, felt kinda tame compared to Hyperia imo. Both in airtime intensity and duration. Still, pretty awesome though.

Airtime is a bit like chasing the dragon. Initially the small hit of floater on Colossus (Thorpe Park) used to blow my mind. Now I describe an ejector outer-bank as 'kinda tame'. Damn.

Going back to Kondaa, after the hills it does this non inverting Cobra roll. Its alright.

1000025005.jpg
Then Kondaa drops lower and does a bunch of turns and smaller airtime hills before hitting the brakes pretty fast. These are quite fun, nothing crazy but a nice finish to a nice coaster.

Overall: 8.5/10

2) Star Trek: Operation Enterprise
2 rides on this. Failed to take any good pics.

Extensively themed queue line, with some kind of German language pre-show that happened during my second time queueing for this ride. Kinda just wanted to get on the ride. Not really for me tbh. On to the ride...

I like how there's a closed door to the switch track section before the launch, it's kinda a nice touch. As is the smooth slide over to the launch track. It's nice. As the door opened to let the train before mine through, I saw a brief glimpse of outside. It was pouring with rain. Big heavy summer storm. Raining stair rods, cats and dogs, pissing it down. Whatever superlative or idiom you want for the heaviest rain imaginable, it was that.

So on my ride, while waiting for the launch into this heavy rain, everyone on my train was furiously putting hoods up and looking a bit concerned about our imminent painful drenching. Launched forwards. It really is weak lol. Backwards - in back row - quite fun. The spike is pretty good at the back. Got front row on my second ride and it wasn't much to speak of there. From there on the third launch is ok, and the ride is short and fairly sweet with some aggressive hangtime and a good airtime pop at the back, coming off the top hat. Riding in the heavy rain was interesting. I actually quite enjoy it tbh. Was quite painful, absolutely drenched getting off. Second ride at the front and dry was less good, as it lacks the airtime off the tophat.

Another very good, but not insanely good ride. 8/10

3) F.L.Y.
2 rides, once front and once a few rows further back.

1000025147.jpg

Waited for this one to open for about 45 mins, then went straight for the front seat queue. Very, very nicely themed area and queue. Really high effort. Quite impressed.

Get to the station. Was NOT expecting the train to come in sideways like that. That's cool. Pre-launch section is quite cool as is the transition to flying position.

I've only been on one flying coaster before and it really impressed me. Superman at Six Flags Great Adventure. I just really enjoy the flying position. So I was looking forward to this.

And it impressed me a lot! Really fun layout with lots of close interactions with scenery and quite good launches, and some airtime. Felt quite intense.

Second ride didn't do quite as much for me and didn't feel so intense, maybe due to position or maybe just desensitied myself to it a little.

Amusingly on the second ride I was readjusting my restraint a bit in the station and I managed to get the seatbelt straps that control the vest tightness to lock in their loosest possible position. I'm quite skinny so there was a LOT of space. I was a little bit concerned about safety. I think the person I was riding with was also a little perturbed by how loose it was. Lol. Oh well. Hanging into the restraint (99% of the ride) it felt normal but during the airtime I really was just floating there in midair for a bit. Pretty cool.

9/10 awesome ride

4) Taron
2 rides, front and middle

The noise this coaster makes as it launches is awesome. Very different from most LSMs.

1000025130.jpg

Very cool ride area and integrated into the excellent landscaping very very well. Queued for about 40 mins.

Awesome ride, excellent duration, some awesome ejector-transitions and really fun layout. Second launch is a banger. Layout feels fast. Excellent laterals and just a whole lot of intenseness. Feels wild. Got a tip off from the tourguide you could touch the waterfall on the second launch and managed to touch a drop of water which was a fun thing to do. Absolutely slams into the brakes: other riders on the train are laughing, whooping. You can tell this ride reliably exhilarates people from the reactions at the end.

1000025163.jpg

Really good. Could ride this forever. Sad I only got 2 rides tbh.
9.5/10

4) Fenix

3 rides, 1 in rain, 2 in dry.

B&M wings don't do much for me. Pretty good though. Was better in the rain imo, made it feel a bit more wild. 7/10

5) Troy
3 or 4 rides

Ooh baby this is what a woodie should be. For those who aren't familiar, the station for Troy is a entirely wooden structure. There is also a bit of track mid-ride that comes through the station just above the loading platform. The train comes absolutely thundering along this straight of track through the station and there's an enormous roar and the whole building shakes.

I hadn't actually realised how well Troy was rated. I think I had mixed it up with Joris en Draak in terms of ratings from my pre-trip research and was expecting something pretty good but not great. Well I was wrong!

1000025266.jpg

I just love, love, love a woodie that has just the right amount of roughness and shake. Not violent, but enough to make it feel absolutely wild. The layout was great with loads of airtime and laterals and it feels really fast. Coming through the station was fun. Good duration.

Excellent ride. 9.5/10.

6) Lost Gravity
2 rides.

Pretty awesome. Something about Mack restraints just makes me feel unsafe even though they're insanely comfortable and I know they're safe. Hangtime and ejector airtime in Mack restraints just seems to make something in me panic. And I love it. This adds a little bit to the experience for pretty much all Mack rides for me. More on this later. Some nice modern Mack vibes on this ride. Vibes akin to if Hyperia had a baby with a Wild Mouse.

7.5/10

7) Untamed
5 rides

I was very very excited for this. Most hyped I had been all trip. Sat near the back for first ride. Hmm...

1000025334.jpg

Not going to lie, my first ride was slightly disappointing. Like, it was awesome but I was expecting a little more. Maybe too smooth for my tastes? The ejector wasn't quite as powerful as Hyperia and I felt much more secure. Coming off, the tour guide mentioned that it had been a relatively tame ride of Untamed, and that it would warm up a bit. Fair enough, I'll withhold my judgement.

Did another ride later and then I think 3 more towards the end of the day around 8-9pm. Got front row a couple times and towards the back a couple times.

1000025383.jpg

Definitely did warm up a bit. Got pretty awesome. Good ejector throughout, RMC madness. Trying to throw you off. Y'all know the drill. Still though... Something felt kinda lacking. No moments quite as crazy as Hyperia's first drop + outerbank and not quite as fast and wild feeling as Troy. But still, awesome, awesome ride.

9.5/10

1000025389.jpg

8) Joris en Draak

2 rides. Love how seriously this ride takes the race with flags for the winner and ride ops celebrating the winning train. Awesome soundtrack. Won on both sides. Pretty sure it was because of my elite racing tactics. Pretty awesome coaster(s).

1000025435.jpg

Decided along with another of the trip-goers that I'm a GCI fan.

8/10

9) Ride to Happiness

5 rides, 1 front car and 4 back cars

Interesting theming to this ride. Interesting vibe in the station, quite calming. "You are just moments away from happiness". For some reason I wasn't as hyped for this as I was for Untamed, despite me knowing it's rated highly. I hadn't read any reviews or watched any POVs of this, so I didn't really know what to expect beyond the basics.

1000025470.jpg

The roll out of the station... Already can't keep my hands off the restraint handles. A sign of things to come. Launch, while spinning. Awesome. Top hat feature... Jeez the airtime off this 😲. The most intense ejector I've ever experienced. Felt like twice as intense as anything else I've ever experienced. I thought this trip was perhaps making me become jaded with airtime and roller coaster sensations. That must be why Untamed felt slightly tamed... But no, I certainly still am capable of having airtime blow my mind. Especially when coupled with Mack restraints that my brain just can't accept as safe for some reason. Wtf.

1000025480.jpg

Then it does some kind of cool turny element and a loop. The turn is pretty awesome and intense while spinning and the loop is a nice predictable breather. Some more stuff happens then you hit the second launch featuring an ejector hill. Banger. Then into some kind of mad roll featuring some more insane hangjector which made me fear for me life. At this point on one of the rides, I accidentally sorta slapped the arm of the person next to me as my brain absolutely aborted on my desire to have my hands up. On most coasters I let out woops of excitement. Ride to Happiness had me genuinely screaming with a mixture of fear and exhilaration. After the roll there's a turn, some mini ejector hills, which are cool in different directions and then the brakes. It's not huge, not fast. But it's long enough and fast enough. And it's just insane. Bravo Mack and Plopsaland. This absolutely blew my mind and was still doing so on my fifth ride. On my front-car ride the ejector going into the top hat was even more intense than the back row ejector coming down from it. I must have taken it backwards or sideways also because I didn't see it coming. Another moment that made me genuinely scream.

10/10 Mind-blowing

Last edited:
^^That's a whole bunch of outstanding rides in one trip, that is. Good job! Love how you saved the best for last - Ride To Happiness is indeed a one-of-a-kind masterpiece.

Meanwhile, back in 'Murica:
Fury 325.
1000006777.jpg

Along with Wildcat's Revenge and ArieForce One, this was easily one of my most anticipated coasters of the trip. Unlike the RMC's however, which only opened last year, I'd been itching to get on Fury 325 for the best part of a decade now.
Well, let's not beat around the bush here - it absolutely delivered... and then some. Best coaster at Carowinds by a country mile. As predicted, this, Wildcat and Arie were indeed the best coasters of the entire trip. Easily the best of the gigas I've been on and for me, the only one that really capitalises on the very concept of what a giga coaster should be. It might just be the finest coaster B&M has ever built... not sure yet, haven't quite decided but it's extremely close between it and Shambhala for me. They both offer such differing ride experiences though, it's hard to compare them directly... but Fury is definitely up there. Stellar operations too, shout out to the ride ops here, got tonnes of rides in, proper whorred it, we did.
Can't figure out where it ranks overall, too difficult these days, so I'm just gonna say it's Top 3 'worthy'. I think my 1 & 2 spots are safe (SteVe and RTH) but the number 3 spot could just as easily go to Fury as it could to Helix, Shammy, X2, Ka, Wildcat or Arie - it's that close, there's so little between them that it makes no difference. Truly an elite ride, so happy to have made it my 500th cred. (Yes, it does actually say 500 on my phone there. I didn't make a proper sign. 😪)

1000006778.jpg

Other new creds at Carowinds? Well, this was my first visit so technically they were all new-to-me creds, but there's quite a lot of crap here so I won't bore you with all of them.
The other big B&M's are good - Intimidator (or whatever it's called now) is an excellent hyper, very smooth, good size & speed, moderate airtime, but this being our fourth B&M hyper in less than a week meant there was nothing new on offer here. Rode front and back once each and moved on.
 Afterburn is also really good, another old school B&M invert - fast, forceful, great layout, deafening roar, lovely stuff but again, this was our fourth or fifth B&M invert in as many days so once again you grab a front and a back and move on. Objectively speaking, both rides are worth a 9/10 but in such a loaded schedule neither of them 'stood out' in any major way.
The final B&M is a crappy old stand-up. One and done.

Copperhead Strike  is a snoozefest. Even by Mack standards, those launches are totally feeble. Too much hangtime, not enough airtime, lots of meandering about... pretty boring really. Prefer Icon. 😲

 Hurler is dreadful, really really bad. Rough and shaky as hell, made worse by a truly awful lap bar that doesn't actually come down to your lap, rather justs digs into your rib cage and then proceeeds to bounce you up and down off it. Very painful. Strong contender for worst coaster of the whole trip.A prime candidate for the RMC treatment if ever there was one.

As I said previously, I don't actually mind the Vekoma Flying Dutchman, having ridden Batwing not 3 days prior, they're an 'interesting' coaster, but Nighthawk is definitely the weakest of them. Slightly different layout to the other 2 I've ridden, feels shorter somehow, but I'm glad I've ridden it now and completed the set.

Nothing else of note at this place. Mouses, mine trains, boomerangs and kiddy creds, some of which I sacrificed in favour of more rides on Fury. Which is how it should be.

Last edited:
Just recently came back from my trip to Liseberg so thought now would be a good time to give my final thoughts/rankings of the coasters there. I'll not bother commenting on the two junior coasters however as there wasn't much to say about them.

1. Balder - This is the first ever prefab wooden coaster I had ridden so was really intrigued to see how it would ride compare to the standard ones. The first few rides I had on this were just 'good' I'd say (most of them being mid-back row rides). The first drop is absolutely amazing. The airtime was super floaty at the start, then goes more into the ejector side as it gets near the end of the layout. This thing also felt so smooth compared to other wooden coasters too which was a plus. I enjoyed it, but it didn't exactly exceed my expectations at this point. That was until I started getting more front train rides... MY GOD. I've not experienced airtime this violent on a coaster since I last rode an RMC. My favourite kind of airtime is ejector and this was hitting it on every hill, even on the earlier ones with a mix of sustained 'flojector'. Then I managed to get some rides in the rain....at night. Those last few rides were probably the most insane rides I've ever had on a coaster. I was just having so much fun with this thing and almost having to grab my seat because of how much I was getting thrown out. Balder was definitely a 'give it a chance' kind of coaster 😄 and I'm so glad I did. 10/10.

2. Helix - I'll start off by saying I had my doubts with this one, as the only other Mack Multi-Launch coaster I had ridden was Icon and I'd never understood the hype with that thing (mainly because of the weak launches and overall tame layout). So, getting onto Helix....this thing was GOOD! Much much better than Icon of course. The layout was amazing, with some really creative elements and the usage of terrain there was flawless. There were plenty of airtime moments on there (the last hill on this was the highlight of the ride) and the last few elements before the 2nd launch felt really whippy for a Mack coaster too which was a pleasant surprise. I still can't decide if this was better on the front row or back as all seats were delivering a pretty similar experience (apart from the drop out of the station, that was definitely better in the back!). I can totally see why people have this coaster up in their Top 10 rankings and I think it's in mine. But...the launches 😕 The one thing I was trying to look past whilst riding this. I knew they weren't going to be good, and I knew that the launches weren't really what Helix was about but I just couldn't help myself but feel a slight moment of disappointment every time they hit 🤣. I'd honestly say that I might have preferred Helix without the launches at all (I know, it wouldn't work without them!) but both of them felt like complete "dead spots" that seemed to take away from the intensity a little. Nevertheless, this coaster is still absolutely amazing and definitely a world class ride. Could someone tell me if the newer Mack launches (Voltron) are punchier? 👀 9.5/10.

3. Valkyria - What an absolutely fantastic coaster! I also had my doubts with this one as dive coasters were never really a favourite model of mine, and with the addition of the B&M vest restraints I was a little worried. But all those worries soon went away! There's no discomfort or any 'tight feeling' around the shoulders on this as the vest restraints seemed to stay totally loose. That instantly give it a few high marks for me 🤣 Then there's the first drop. As expected, it was absolutely amazing and felt like it lasted quite some time before flying into the mist. What really surprised me the most was how whippy this thing felt, as the other dive coasters I've ridden always seem to feel like their elements are quite drawn out. There's not really any negatives I could say about this coaster (besides it's short, as most dive coasters are). Super intense, smooth, whippy, comfy, amazing first drop. I never thought I'd have a B&M dive coaster ranked above their inverts but here we are! 😄 9/10.

4. Lisebergbanan - This was another one of those coasters that was just pure fun. Similar to Helix, the usage of terrain and interaction with other rides and areas was done perfectly here. It ran quite smoothly for it's age too (a few jolts here and there but nothing bad). There were a few mid-course-break run sections that seemed to hold back that uncontrolled pacing slightly, but it was forgivable because of how many trains were being sent out on this thing in such a short space of time. The only real negative with this coaster was them super harsh break runs at the end 🤣 however, in some ways they just added to the fun! 8/10.

5. Luna - I've done a fair amount of Vekoma Family Boomerangs now and it's safe to say this one is my favourite just for them amazing views alone. It did feel like it ran a little more fast and intensely than others I've done too which was a pleasant surprise. The only downside was its short length but that is also to be expected with this type of coaster model. 7.5/10.

I’ve just come back from a trip to East Anglia, where I visited Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach, Joyland Children’s Fun Park and Pleasurewood Hills for the first time. I accumulated 9 new coaster credits on this trip, which is my best haul in terms of quantity from a UK trip in quite some time!

Now that I’ve decided the ranking spots and ratings of each of the coasters I did in East Anglia, I thought now would be a good time to post here.

Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
Roller Coaster (#114)
This definitely isn’t the most intense of coasters, but for what it is, I found Roller Coaster a very pleasant and fun coaster! I sat in the back row, and I found the ride to be smooth and long, with some good drops and surprising airtime in places! It definitely peters out a bit in areas, particularly towards the end, and as said, it’s not an overly thrilling or intense coaster by modern standards, but for a 1930s heritage woodie, I definitely enjoyed the ride and found it to be a very pleasant coaster. It’s a nice one to just sit back and enjoy the sensations of being on a wooden coaster on, and there’s something about the whole thing that I found rather charming and just put a smile on my face! I almost wonder if I’ve been a tad harsh with the rating and ranking I gave it, as it was a good, fun coaster that I definitely enjoyed; if I rethink things, it could possibly move up!
6/10, #44/122

Family Star (#115)

Even though I’m not a fan at all of the Reverchon spinning wild mice, I was mildly interested to ride Family Star. It was my first Fabbri version of one of these models, and I was intrigued to see if it rode differently. It didn’t ride particularly differently, with the usual painful roughness present, and if anything, it possibly rode worse than the Reverchon models, with an awful seat divider that I kept getting whacked into and some horribly harsh braking that isn’t present on the Reverchon models.
2/10, #115/122

Whirlwind (#116)

I’d never done one of these ubiquitous SBF figure-8 spinning coasters before, and I was honestly hesitant to do it as I don’t normally do kiddie coasters, but it didn’t look too kiddie in person and it was walk-on, so I gave it a go. As small coasters go, it was a profoundly average and unremarkable ride; nothing spectacular, but nothing particularly offensive either. On a side note, though, I got an incredibly long cycle on here, with them sending me around for what felt like countless laps!
3/10, #102/122

Big Apple (#117)

I wasn’t going to do this originally, but after some encouragement from my mum, me and her did it together. I thought the day would never come, and I told myself for years that it would never come after previous excruciating kiddie coaster experiences, but on 11th August 2024, at a small seaside amusement park in Norfolk, I rode my first ever Wacky Worm! As much as I generally avoid kiddie coasters, rattling through that fibreglass apple and sitting in that colourful caterpillar train felt like somewhat of a watershed moment (albeit a marginally tragic one)! As for the ride itself, it was similar to Whirlwind; profoundly average for a small coaster. Not brilliant, but not particularly offensive either. The trains were very tight on this one, though; you can certainly tell it’s designed for kids, put it that way!
3/10, #106/122

Joyland Children’s Fun Park
Spook Express (#118)
I thought this was actually relatively decent for a small family coaster. It was smooth, and the two helixes were surprisingly intense, particularly the dark one! I also found the theming quite charming, although I must admit that I did find this one quite an embarrassing ride for me to do alone, what with the individual photo taking by the ride host and me being the only adult in a train full of small children…
4/10, #84/122

Tyrolean Tubtwist (#119)

I was interested to try Tyrolean Tubtwist, what with it being the only operating Virginia Reel coaster left in the world. It’s certainly… different, let’s put it that way. I’ve never ridden another coaster quite like it. I’d heard many describe it as a hidden gem and declare their love for it, and I so dearly wanted to hold the same opinion… but I’m sorry to say that I absolutely loathed it and would declare it my least favourite coaster. It was quite rough and flung you around a lot, and that definitely detracted from the experience, but that wasn’t what did it for me; I could have put up with that to some extent. The thing that did it for me was that it was by far the most viciously spinny coaster I’ve ever ridden. I don’t have a massive spin tolerance, and Tyrolean Tubtwist made me feel vile. When I got off, I could hardly walk in a straight line and my mum had to marshal me down the exit stairs so I didn’t fall, and it’s the only coaster I’ve ever stepped off of feeling like I might be physically sick. I’m sorry if I sound disrespectful of such a unique coaster, but it wasn’t for me at all, I’m afraid.
1/10, #122/122

Pleasurewood Hills
Cannonball Express (#120)
I’ve long held the view that I don’t rate Schwarzkopf coasters nearly as highly as the majority of enthusiasts, and being the first non-looping Schwarzkopf creation I’d ridden, I was interested to see if Cannonball Express bucked this trend. Unfortunately, it didn’t. There were some fun turns and helixes in the layout, but I found the ride really rather rough and uncomfortable, with some very harsh braking in numerous places. It felt like most of the ride just consisted of getting bashed around, to be honest. I don’t mean to be disrespectful to a unique Schwarzkopf, but that was my honest view.
3/10, #96/122

Wipeout (#121)

I was interested to give Wipeout a go, as it was my first ever traditional Vekoma Boomerang. It’s an impressive ride for the space it occupies, but I’m being honest, I’m afraid I wasn’t a huge fan of the experience. Shuttle coasters aren’t an absolute favourite ride type of mine to begin with, and Wipeout seemed really pretty rough; I walked off with a banging headache and hurting shoulders.
3/10, #100/122

Egg-Spress (#122)

As family coasters go, I do have a small soft spot for a Zierer Tivoli, particularly the Large model, and similarly to Treetops at Oakwood, Egg-Spress had some surprisingly good drops and surprising whip at the back of the long train! However, I have to say that Egg-Spress definitely seemed a little rougher and more fierce than these models usually are, unfortunately.
4/10, #87/122

The last coasters I added to my credit list were those at Morey's Piers in Wildwood, New Jersey, this past weekend. I'll just mention the three major coasters at this park, even though they have some smaller carnival type coasters.

The Great Nor Easter - this is a Vekoma SLC, so not much to make note of save for the fact that it has the newer soft restraints so I was able to ride without any headbanging. Still a rough ride but far better than the usual SLC.

Sea Serpent - a Vekoma boomerang, also with the newer restraints. This one is actually a half decent coaster and rides pretty smoothly. I'm not crazy about boomerangs, but of all of the ones I've ridden this is about the best.

Great White - a CCI hybrid woodie that I wasn't expecting much from, and one I thought might be rather rough. But I was pleasantly surprised, as there were only a couple of rough places after the first and second drops. This coaster gets best towards the end with a series of airtime hills. Of all three of these, Great White is by far the best.
None of these coasters come close to my top ten list, but I was glad I had the opportunity to visit this park to add these credits.

Another day, another Six Flags park (Over Georgia this time) and another 13 creds to collect.
Actually make that 12, Dare Devil Dive was down all day.
Actually make that 11, Batman: The Ride was down all day too. Boooo! I like the Batman clones and I like collecting B&M's, getting spited by one is always a downer.
But still, this park has 3 more of 'em, not to mention a cheeky lil RMC, should still be a good day.
And it was, we enjoyed our time here at SFOG. There are no stand-out, world beating, mega-creds here, but it has a solid, well rounded line up in reasonably clean, green and pleasant surroundings. Not the best Six Flags park I've been to, but certainly in the upper half and a world away from that dump in Maryland we visited a few days ago.

Twisted Cyclone.
Fourth RMC of the trip and my 14th overall and it's... pretty good. As always with RMC, it's amazing what they've managed to achieve here. It's a fun, action packed coaster that doesn't waste an inch of track and leaves you with a big smile on your face. We had some rerides. But let's face it, it's pretty small, isn't it? Yeah it's a great coaster for the park, turning what was a crappy old white woodie into a modern, airtime filled thrill ride, but when comparing it to other RMC's it just hasn't got the speed and the power to compete with the big boys.
8.5/10

1000008597.jpg

Goliath.
Yet another B&M hyper. What's that, five now? Well... six if you count Fury. Six! There's only two in the whole of Europe ffs but here in Murica you can rack up six in one trip. Love this country! 🥰 You'd think you'd get bored of 'em by now but nope, Goliath is another good one. What's interesting to me is how different it was to Intimidator which we had ridden the day before at Carowinds. While Intimidator is glassy smooth, refined and filled with lots of lovely floater, Goliath felt more aggressive, a bit rough around the edges, more 'primal'. The result being a more intense ride with powerful positives and stronger, borderline ejector airtime (airtime that was strong enough to remove both crocs off some guy's feet a couple of rows in front of us and send them sailing over our heads and into a lake 🤣).
Very good coaster. We had rerides. 8.5/10

1000006842.jpg

1000006841.jpg

The other B&M in those pictures is the parks stand-up coaster, Georgia Scorcher. S'alright. We rode one of these at Carowinds yesterday too. This one is much better - Vortex was really quite bad - but Georgia Scorcher is... well, let's call it 'tolerable'. That's all I have to say about that.

Superman: Ultimate Flight was a surprise hit on the day though. Didn't see that coming. Have ridden the other two examples of this coaster so wasn't expecting great things. I mean, they're clones, right? Yeah but the difference is, the ones at Great Adventure and Great America are just kinda plonked on a flat, featureless field whereas here, the ride is kinda built on the side of a hill, it has terrain, it has trees and due to the hillside sloping away from you at one end of the layout it gives you a much greater sensation of height - it really feels as though you're soaring up into the sky and back down towards the ground again, much more so than its siblings. Some great near misses too. Might be my favourite coaster at the park to be honest with you. Really enjoyed it. 9/10

1000006831.jpg

Blue Hawk is alright. Looks quite impressive looming over the water like that and for the most part it rides ok too. Couple of minor jolts here and there but nothing to get in a tizz about. All in all, not bad for an old Arrow looper. 6.5/10

1000006826.jpg

1000006825.jpg

There's another old white woodie too, The Great American Scream Machine. Crap name, but it's an ok coaster. Not particularly good, not particularly bad, just... there. It's quite big, so would have made for a far more spectacular RMC conversion than Cyclone, but it still rides quite smoothly so I'm guessing that Cyclone was just in more desperate need of an upgrade. Still, mustn't grumble. +1.

1000008811.jpg

Let's see, what else was there? Oh yes, there was an old Schwarzkopf which was alright, mine train, couple of family creds, nothing much of note really.

Howeverrrr... this park does have it's own standout, must-do attraction. It's not a cred, but it does deserve a mention: Monster Mansion, the park's old, indoor boaty dark ride. It's brilliant! We all loved it, and went straight round for another go. Apparently it's a relic from the days before this was a Six Flags park and any attempts to remove or change it have been met with fierce resistance from fans and locals alike, and rightly so. Funny, charming, scary in places and an absolute joy. All of us agreed- it's on a par with a Disney ride. If you come here, don't miss it.

1000008835.jpg

1000008834.jpg

1000008833.jpg

Tom and Harry liked it so much, they even bought matching T-shirts.
Dicks! 🤣

1000006936.jpg

So that about wraps things up at Six Flags Over Georgia. Shame about the spites, but it was still an enjoyable day.

But the day wasn't over yet.
20 minutes down the road from Six Flags Over Georgia is a little place called Fun Spot Atlanta... you may have heard of it.

To be continued...

Last edited:
Hey Mush, you have done 0 creds this year... you know what would be cool, goto Legoland Windsor in August...

Yeah right it was fun

I had to get the racing 'Mini Figure Speedway' done and dusted.

Got back row on both sides, was a bit of fun, some nice pops of airtime going backwards. Got lucky at the split for the side you would go and got sent down the side I needed for the 2nd run. You genrally have no option to pick a side you want to be on.

Shame you can't see much of the ride from the queue line.

3/5
db3bfc368112900baab834a23a04d8db.jpg
1390e2e3bd08a5ab65d893872e255287.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

355: Gold Rush - Drayton Manor

IMG20240820104620.jpg
IMG20240820104635.jpg

First time back since 2011 and got to ride the newest UK Intamin, so how was it? Well good but i think i was expecting a bit more.

First off i like the theming and music, Drayton have done a nice job landscaping and theming the ride, i like the queue as there are very little switchbacks and you get some nice views of the coaster.

IMG20240820104649.jpg

Dispatch time was good and the trains are comfey, when it come to the coaster i got a back row in the morning on layout 1, then a front row in the evening for layout 2.

I prefer layout 2, going up the lift, falling backwards heading to the shed, then being sent back to the lift and doing the whole course as to me it flowed better. Coaster is smooth (apart from a juddery shed launch) and is a fun ride for all the family......but, well its a bit forceless.

The train seems to feel heavy and while there is some snappyish transitions there is no air on the hills and little positive Gs on the valleys. I was hoping it may warm up but nothing really changed, I like the different layouts, theme, music and smoothness but somehow while a unique and fab addition for families its a bit dull.

IMG20240820132900.jpg

356: Troublesome trucks

The only other new cred to get was this as it was closed last time i went and welp, closed again 😐 hopefully next time i got in another thirteen years it will be open.

356?: The Wave

IMG20240820115916.jpg

So for me a swap of train is not a new cred but its way better than Shockwave and i actually quite liked it. I find the train comfey and a lapbar only is great, the zero g roll is vicious throwing you out your seat, the rest is of the layout is decent some odd filler but its ok, we came off liking it and the low height requirement is great for younger guests.

IMG20240820155119.jpg

Will do a report at some point as we walked away having a nice day. While not very thrilling their new coaster is a nice addition and i hope the park keeps investing, next i would like to see coasterwise something between Gold Rush and the Waves level.

I got the chance to visit Thorpe Park on Sunday and finally try out Hyperia! You’re probably sick to death of me talking about Hyperia by now, so I’ll try and keep my review reasonably brief and offer some current thoughts on the other Thorpe Park coasters I managed to ride during my visit, for a bit of variety.

New coasters
Hyperia (#123)
I was very excited for Hyperia, and… wow, it did not disappoint! Where to begin with it… some of these elements are absolutely obscene! That first drop is nuts; the sustained ejector airtime is absolutely sublime, and the 180 degree twist offers a really interesting additional sensation! It’s definitely up there with Mako and Iron Gwazi’s first drops as one of my favourite first drops I’ve done! The Immelmann is another huge highlight of the ride for me; the sense of speed you get rushing up into it is awesome, and you get another good, clean pop of sublime sustained ejector airtime on the way out! The outerbank into an inversion, the key hyped up element of the ride, did not disappoint either; I’m not entirely convinced that I necessarily like sideways airtime quite as much as regular straight airtime, but this element is still insane nonetheless; the sustained weightlessness is ludicrous! Those are the key highlights for me, but everything in there is excellent; there is not one element on this coaster that doesn’t hit and hit hard! They claim it has 14.8 seconds of weightlessness, and I can fully believe that claim; pretty much every moment that isn’t a valley has you out of your seat in some capacity! Overall, then, I think Hyperia is an absolutely sublime addition to Thorpe Park and the UK theme park industry; it’s definitely my favourite coaster in the UK, and I feel so lucky to have something so phenomenal only 2 hours from home!
10/10, #5/123
(I apologise, as I failed abysmally at keeping that brief… I just love Hyperia so much and think it’s a phenomenal coaster with so many highlights!)

Existing coasters
Colossus
I used to rank Colossus very lowly for years, but I’ve found it growing on me quite considerably on recent visits! It’s still not an absolute favourite of mine, but it hasn’t been running badly at all recently, and Sunday’s ride was possibly the best I’ve ever had on it! It was a little bit rough in places, but not overly so at all, and that first half is actually very decent, with good speed and an exciting pace and layout design! The tight cars and restraints are a definite detractor, however, and in all honesty, I’m not a huge fan of the successive heartline rolls in the second half of the ride; they make me feel a bit nauseous, and particularly with the aforementioned cars, I just sort of cling on and wait for them to end rather than overly enjoy them. Nonetheless, the first half of Colossus is quite decent, and the ride has been running much better lately, so while Colossus isn’t a favourite of mine, I can’t complain too much!
6/10, #44/123

Nemesis Inferno

Inferno is another one that has really grown on me over the years, more so than Colossus; I’ve always liked it, but in recent years, I’ve grown to find it an absolutely excellent coaster! I don’t think the Nemesis comparison does Inferno any favours, because it is a fantastic ride in its own right! The ride is really fast, it has some brilliant inversions, it keeps its pace really well throughout, it’s forceful without being too forceful, it’s smooth; what’s not to love? Overall, then, Inferno is a really excellent coaster that never fails to put a smile on my face! The original up at Alton Towers does just about pip it to the post for me (I can’t get enough of Nemesis’ inspired and unique layout design!), but to be honest, I perhaps controversially think there’s very little in it; Inferno definitely holds its own against Nemesis, in my view, and is a fantastic coaster in its own right!
9/10, #16/123

The Swarm

I do really enjoy Swarm! I perhaps don’t rate it quite as highly as I once did (prior to Mako, it was actually my number 1 coaster for a full 2 years!), but I do always enjoy a ride on there and I think it’s a really decent coaster! One of the things I absolutely love about Swarm is that it has a really decent sense of speed; that winged seating position gives you brilliant exposure, and when you’re flying down that first drop in particular, the speed is immense! There are also some very nice inversions on there, with the last roll in particular being really fun, it’s smooth and flows nicely, and overall, I think it’s a nice, decent, enjoyable coaster! Those vest restraints are a bit of a detractor for me, though; while it seems like they aren’t quite as bad this year, they are still quite tight and pinch my collar bones a bit uncomfortably. Overall, though, I really like Swarm and think it’s a very decent coaster!
8/10, #21/123

Saw: The Ride

Saw doesn’t have a bad layout at all, with some surprisingly decent bits of airtime and a nice indoor section, but on recent rides, it seems to have been pretty rough. There’s a particularly head-splitting jolt at the bottom of the first drop, the post-MCBR section with the dive loop is also really rough, and in general, there seems to have been a notable roughness throughout the rest of the ride too. It’s a shame, as I do like aspects of the layout; as I said above, the airtime is surprisingly decent, with the drop off the MCBR providing a particularly surprising jolt of ejector that gives me fond memories of the sublime Silver Star at Europa Park and the similar ejector-filled MCBR exit on there! That roughness and joltiness is a bit of a deal breaker for me, though; on recent rides, I’ve been stepping off Saw with a banging headache.
4/10, #76/123

I unfortunately didn’t get to experience Stealth on this visit. It’s a shame, as I absolutely love that coaster and would rate it as my 2nd favourite at the park, but I can hardly complain seeing as I had 4 rides on it during my June visit!