What's new

Leisure Hills Family Theme Park

Oh right! Well the sweet trees are part of the area theming, but the actual ride itself doesn't have a particular theme, it was just put in the kids area.

I went to the park today for the opening of the new coaster named Bullet.

As you can see, something has appeared at the park.

The stage that was built for the opening.

The view from the 2nd to top platform on Bullet's supports.

View down launch track.

Bullet from the station of Boomerang.

The stage at night.

Launch track at night.

Going up the tower.

Coming back into the station.

Construction has already started on next seasons coaster.

Thekingin64 said:
You say your junior boomerang's only the second, it's actually the third.

http://www.rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=9798

Otherwise very nice park thats quite realistic. I spy CS for that subway though.
The subway is dasmatze's subway

I like the look of the park overall but I do have a couple critiques.

1. It seems a bit odd for a subway to run underneath a sandy island (unless I am wrong as to where one of the stations is located) but it's not a big deal.

2. The supports for the new coaster seem very close together...not sure if that will be the case when you lay down some track.

Hey guys, today was the last day of the parks current season, and it will be one to remember, just not in a good way.

Bullet is looking good this morning.

Bringing its first passengers of the day back down to Earth.

As you can see the park have completed their new coaster and itis currently in testing.

At about 12:00 I saw this on Bullet, just after it had launched a train. At first I just assumed it was a new effect the park had added to the launch. I went over to take a closer look & hopefully some pictures of the new effect.
But when I got there I realised that something was majorly wrong.

That's right, the launch track had gone completely up in flames! I was highly surprised at this as I've never heard of it happening before on any other Intamin Accelerators.
The park team were very quick in dealing with the emergency though, as they evacuated the park, and within about 20 minutes they had the fire put out.
Once the area had been declared safe, I was allowed in to take some photos of the aftermath of the fire.

As you can see the launch track, cable trough & supports have been blackened by the fire.

Goodbye for another closed season, Leisure Hills, Lets hope your feeling better for the start of next season.
Aaron Clark.

There`s no way you would be allowed in only 20 minutes after a fire, there would need to be a full investigation that could last weeks. The whole area would be segregated off.

Lol 10/10 for ideas though ill give you that.

Hey guys, just heard some news from the park, apparently Bullet's launch cable was so badly damaged by the fire that they are having to get a new one. Apparently the new cable can't be made until the end of next season, so intamin have given the park a free secondhand ZacSpin as compensation for the fact that they won't be able to operate their biggest coaster.
Aaron Clark.

The park released a press statement today about what new things they're getting for next season:
Next season we are unveiling five new attractions!
The first of which, as many of you may already know, is a secondhand Intamin zacSpin.
The second is a water coaster with no less than three splashdowns!
The third of our new rides is a fully enclosed rapids ride. The new water coaster also comes into part of this builing!
We also have a new log flume which has state-of-the-art turntable elements!
The last of the new attractions is a new circus show in the newly rethemed kids area!
Also for next season, we have implemented brand new, state-of-the-art path-side lighting all around the park, allowing us to open late every day!
We also have brand spanking new stations on some of the rides, both new & old.
Aaron Clark.

Why hello there.

The new ZacSpin.

Looking out of the ZacSpin's station.

The new area.

Closer up.

Waiting in line for Wet 'n' Wild.

Going up the lift hill.

Heading into The Rapids' building.

The station.

The final splashdown & waterfall of Wet 'n' Wild.

Heading to The Rapids.

The station, where I just happened to meet up with my friend, Jeff!

The main plaza.

Station of Logger.

Splashdown!

Circus Town.

Night pictures.

That ZacSpin just looks rough. I would say you really have to smoothen out those transitions. Other than that, great job, lots of prgress! :D

Nice park, just wondering about your scenery; your buildings are really block-y and gahh, yet your attention to detail with the likes of lighting are incredible, all I'd suggest, is spend extra time on the architecture. Makes everything shine. :)
As for the ZacSpin, yeah, ouch. tight corners near the top, nice gentle corners the lower down you go :)

Rob said:
yet your attention to detail with the likes of lighting are incredible
The main reason why that is, is because I actually do lighting tech stuff at school, so I've done lots of stuff like, working with the colours to get the right ambience ...etc.