What's new

Middle Of Nowhere Coasters

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
What I mean by "middle of nowhere" I mean like say a coaster in Central Russia or Pakistan.

I know 6 coasters from North Korea.

Roller Coaster of Death, Double Loop Coaster, Loop Coaster, Kwansong Tancha, Kwansong Tancha, and Kwansong Tancha ;)

I know Jordan has a spinning kiddie cred named Bug Coaster. You can't describe this coaster, the only word for it is, adorable. The park name is Jingo's Jungle.

Mini Costor in Egypt at Fanatzy Land. I know that one.

A few in Ukraine at Hidropark.

think that's it.

I've got the powered coaster in Guam.

Do I win?
;)

The Little Fireball in Bartlesville, OK is very isolated. Cute little town-run park.

Whatever that thing at Boondocks in Deadwood is called, basically a tiny little fail on the side of a small highway in the middle of South Dakota the whose only distinction is that in some cases it can be used to go to Mount Rushmore or the Crazy Horse monument. It was about couple rundown carnival rides short of being a cred in some person's yard.

I'm not sure a 30 minute drive from Vegas constitutes middle of nowhere. ;)

Knoebels is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. I'm pretty sure Elysburg is the capitol of ****

^I know, but I forgot to list it.

People listing "KNOEBELS" and "DESPARADO"...

Knoebels is 1 hour away from Allentown and enthusiast flock there all the time. Desperado is a 30 minute drive from Las Vegas.

I mean like countries like Jordan, Israel, Egypt, Ukraine, Pakistan, or Kuwait. Not the USA or England. HOWEVER, Little Fireball counts because it is extremely isolated. Desperado and Knoebels aren't isolated!

^ Coasters in the middle of the cities aren't really 'middle of nowhere coasters'. Even if they are in a country that isn't really visited often...

Jason Voorhees said:

Knoebels is 1 hour away from Allentown and enthusiast flock there all the time. Desperado is a 30 minute drive from Las Vegas.

I mean like countries like Jordan, Israel, Egypt, Ukraine, Pakistan, or Kuwait. Not the USA or England. HOWEVER, Little Fireball counts because it is extremely isolated. Desperado and Knoebels aren't isolated!

I dunno man, I feel pretty isolated from humanity when im at Knoebels. Also it's 2hrs from Allentown, the park is 4hrs from my house, Dorney is the 1/2 way mark.

Desperado and Knoebells are more "in the middle of nowhere" than the parks in Jordan and Israel for example, which are actually located in Amman and Tel Aviv respectively, both major cities.

Just because a place isn't often visited by American/European enthusiasts doesn't make it "in the middle of nowhere".

ATTACKHAMMER said:
What about the ones at this park?: http://rcdb.com/5128.htm
They have an B&M invert!

Not in the middle of nowhere. I walked to Entertainment City from the US/Joint Army facility known as Camp Doha, which in turn is maybe 10-15 minutes from Kuwait City proper, which also has a few smaller parks and is the capitol of Kuwait.

Jer said:
Jason Voorhees said:

I dunno man, I feel pretty isolated from humanity when im at Knoebels. Also it's 2hrs from Allentown, the park is 4hrs from my house, Dorney is the 1/2 way mark.

I live kind of near the area, and while I consider it the middle of nowhere, in terms of coasters its the complete opposite. You cant be in driving distance to two six flags parks, hershey park, dorney, knoebels and a handful of little parks and expect it to work with this topic.

Just skimming through the maps at coaster-count.com, Russia looks like it has some pretty far-flung coasters, and there looks like there's one in the middle of the Amazonian jungle in Brazil.

Kuwait is a city of nearly 3 million people, i.e. it's the size of St. Louis or Tampa...

Jason Voorhees said:

You... maybe haven't seen this stupid little kiddie coaster in South Dakota. It might be technically in an awful tourist trap (Deadwood), and it might be technically near a moderately sized city (Rapid City), and it might be technically close to Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse, but nobody ever uses that road or goes near it or visits the "park."

Point being the location of the park itself has some effect on how isolated it is.

Can we rename this topic to be "Coasters in places I've never heard of" as that seems to be far closer to the apparent criteria than whether its actually in the middle of nowhere or not.

@rollermonkey, I have the powered coaster in Guam to. :) Creature Coaster at Funtastic Park! I love Micronesia Mall <3

Nice. I don't know anyone else who's been there. If you ever get to Saipan, there's a small waterpark with a Masterblaster.

I'd be surprised if there is another 'coaster' as geographically removed from the next closest one as that.