What's new

Most Scared You've Ever Been

Probably the Kissimmee Skycoaster. It's definately not very easy to stay calm when you're suspended 300 ft in the air by steel cables.

lightning101 said:
SnooSnoo said:
XScream on top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas

I wasn't too bad on XScream, i thought insanity was much worse. It's the only ride i've ever had to have a sit down afterwards.

Insanity wasn't amazingly bad.. but I wasn't enjoying it.. haha.

The Big Shot wasn't height.. just the feeling of 'out of control' killed me.

Trust me Ben.. it will be an experience. I'm also not a man of heights.. and even the biggest drop towers PALE compared to those rides. You will love.

jayjay said:
Probably the Kissimmee Skycoaster. It's definately not very easy to stay calm when you're suspended 300 ft in the air by steel cables.

Totally agreed. I went on that before I'd been on any sizable coaster, plus the fact that it's over a lake and I rode it at night didn't help. Scared the crap out of me.

It was totally worth it, though. Can't wait to ride it again this summer!

Last year we got stuck on Air at AT. We were on the front row, going up the lift chain. Reached the top and the ride stopped. Something to do with a problem with the floor at the station. But we were left hanging horizontally in the rides highest position over the Nemesis track, for what seeme like ages, but was only 3-4 minutes.

The ride and hanging itself wasn't the issue...I was more concerned at the height and the damage it would do to Nemesis below if Air malfunctioned!

^Ahh, that reminds me, that has happened to me before aswell. It was at scarefest and the ride had been having constant breakdowns, and we got on, it was pitch black, and it stopped on the lift, just above the Nemesis track. It was so scary just hanging there in the dark.

If the train stops at the top of the lift, 9 times out of 10, it's the ride setting up, not something broken. Either the train infront of you hasn't cleared the next block, or they haven't moved the train into the station yet.

Its been a while since I rode Air, so I don't recall exactly where the block sections are.

Oblivion. Every time I ride it my feet are shaking like mad and the first time I rode it I almost cried I was that scared.

rollermonkey said:
Its been a while since I rode Air, so I don't recall exactly where the block sections are.

The Air trains slow to a crawl as they come out of the lift hill tunnel, when the next block hasn't been passed.

I might sound like a complete TP fanboy, but I'm seriously not. Saw: the Ride sent me pale! Much more than on Hurakan Condor or Stealth; Saw messed me up. Being my first Euro-Fighter too, so I had many new experiences from it.

When I was queuing up I was perfectly fine; I was more worried about how long the queue was going to take rather than the actual ride, it was just until I started riding.

As the train stopped for Jigsaw to speak, there was a woman next to me who was in tears, she was that terrified! The fact of that didn't help me much. The first drop shocked me! Although it wasn't very big, I managed to feel it much more than on Oblivion, it was so snappy and forceful. Then I arrived at the barrel roll section where the hang time was surprisingly intense.

The point where I became pale was the lift hill, it was my first time experience on a vertical lift hill so it was really bizarre. I normally tend to keep my head forward a bit on coasters too, but the angle of the lift made my head fall straight to the seat. Then the drop was the next thing on my mind, and you get the story.

Like most coasters, once ridden it isn't that bad.

i always get nervous on rita, always! i start shivering. Its not like i dont like the launch i just get nervous for it. Then i love it when it launches, after the launch i jsut want to get off because its boring.

^^I think the queue for Saw is the scariest part. It's sooo atmospheric. You're in a claustrophobic corridor in a dingy warehouse. You've got the loud videos that come on that make you jump when they start. You can hear screams from the other side of the walls.

It's just great. I love it. :D

Ollie said:
^^I think the queue for Saw is the scariest part. It's sooo atmospheric. You're in a claustrophobic corridor in a dingy warehouse. You've got the loud videos that come on that make you jump when they start. You can hear screams from the other side of the walls.

It's just great. I love it. :D

Outside the warehouse was awful, it felt like Rita and Stealth queue all over again, cattlepen chaos, but so much more claustrophoebic. Inside the queue was excellent! Shame it didn't balance out the time you spent outside of it. I agree the atmosphere is immense! Only inside however.

Definatly Millennium Force for me.

Not being a fan of heights,this was the tallest coaster I've ever been on,and was really surprised how quick the lift hill was.As soon as we reached the top,I closed my eyes for the drop.

Plus Demon Drop,my biggest fear is things that drop vertically,even to this day,I blame DD for bringing on my phobia of shot/drop towers.

Ooh, I almost forgot about my Ripcord experience, now THAT was scary.

So, I went on it, alone, and the person there asked me if I was scared because I was almost crying, so obviously I said yes, and he's like, oh, I have a surprise for you then but you have to wait. So then I get to the top and he LEAVES me there for I think it was two and half minutes, which is death when you're two hundred feet up, facing down. Then I let out the loudest scream ever and three groups of people told me I should be on "America's Funniest Home Videos" for those who have seen that show.

Great stuff.

The only Drop Tower that made me nervous was Blue Fall. It's just so much taller than the ones I'd ridden before, I couldn't believe how long it goes up and up.
Then, I didn't know it has the 'stutterfall' effect, so that freaked me out pretty good.

It's tall enough that it bothered me every time I rode it afterwards, too.

I miss being able to see the top of it from my work.
:(

Various rides have made me nervous over the years, at least on my first ride. Once I'd ridden them once, the fear was gone.

Detonator (and any other towers that launch downwards) always make me uneasy. Standard drop towers that just release and freefall aren't a problem, though.

My fear of heights can be a problem if I'm on a really exposed ride. Screaming swings still make me nervous, and there's no way I'll ride a sky coaster or a SCAD tower.

Kingda Ka didn't really bother me, at least on the first ride. On my second ride, it broke down right before we were about to launch, so we had about a 15 minute wait, which again didn't really bother me. Once we launched, it absolutely crawled over the top hat. That's the point where I started bricking it, as we were extremely close to rolling back.

On Hurakan Condor I've had the most adrenaline. I was shaking after my first ride and couldn't stand still! It was euphoric! Luckily, HC was a walk on that day. cool) So I rode it ten times in a row to get a ride in each car.

But the scariest moment was in Uppswinget, the Screamin' Swing at Liseberg by night time. Located on the side of a hill, the height gets doubled, which is overly cool by daytime. But in the dark; you seem to fly off to the darkness, as you pass over the railings of the ride area! I just couldn't keep my hands in the air anymore, it was that scary. It was so AWESOME!

It was the haunted walk through at Lightwater Valley. I HATE scary things as it is. Ride wise, I think the only thing I would crap myself on is the Xscream as Snoo said.