What's new

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA [Alton 2012]

"Sub-Terra" sounds daft IMO. WLB was an excellent name and really had that buzz about it when said out loud.

Sometimes AT try too hard :roll:

Well this is wonderful...

That name is really crap. Oh well, its something new I suppose...

Where was it posted to? Facebook? I think it's odd it's not on the official page... Perhaps it's low end marketing stuff and not the actual logo...?

Thekingin64 said:
I really don't like this name. What was wrong with keeping it as What lies Beneath?

That actually sounded cool.

That was just an advertising "tag-line", I think the name is a little on the cheesy side but it's fine.

Joey said:
Where was it posted to? Facebook? I think it's odd it's not on the official page... Perhaps it's low end marketing stuff and not the actual logo...?

There's a link to a dedicated website off the Alton Towers main page. It's official as I only went through the Alton websites (not Facebook or anything).

I think it's designed to look like that to tie in with the original Nemesis comic etc.

^ I don't think it looks that bad. It sums up the theme sorta, and it looks intense. I don't like the Sub-Terra font and size, but it's not that bad...

Name and logo slightly below average.

I still imagine this is going to be a great dark ride experience, and certainly unique in the UK.

Name sounds kak, logo looks kak, but I reckon it'll be a fun enough little ride. At least it's something a bit different!

The logo and name can get out of my life. I think the actual ride experience might be a bit fun though!

Also, regarding the "What lies Beneath", it was excessively lazy on Alton's count. Seen as Terror of the Towers has "What Lies Within" and has had that for the past 3 years.

To be fair, I doubt this is going to be a huge, well-loved attraction and within a few years will fall out of the lime light, so I'm not overly worried about the whole thing.