What's new

New Roller Coaster Concepts

Xpress said:
How about a ride that features an MCBR. Mid Course Beer Refill...

Dark ride that you have a beer pong and it just pours from the ceiling and you have mugs that you try and fill up as you go, I would pay for that to be an upcharge ride!

^ or Mid Course Beer Run. Brilliant!

The track could simply go through something like this, with ride attendants doling out the booze!

BeerBarn-9196.jpg

dominoes said:
I still like my idea of a stand up inverted. I think it would be good. It would have seating like the stand up floored on Apocolypse. It could be free swinging, like vampire. Although, I can see it in looping form.
Stand up 4D coaster!
Wouldn't that just be awesome!

mouse said:
dominoes said:
I still like my idea of a stand up inverted. I think it would be good. It would have seating like the stand up floored on Apocolypse. It could be free swinging, like vampire. Although, I can see it in looping form.
Stand up 4D coaster!
Wouldn't that just be awesome!

I think (most) men would like to have children. So no. Stand Ups already kill your nuts if the seat isn't just perfect. Oh dear lord no.

Maybe more comfortable seating and restraints, I'll come up with something. :wink:
It should be quite slow, with just a few airtime hills and helices.

I had a roller coaster concept when I was little that might work. Its a rollercoaster than can go from floorless to inverted. Essentially, switching between over and under the rails.

It works by a special track on the side of the rollercoaster car that the wheels can move up and down on.

That would probably work, and could be quite fun.
But to be honest, I don't really see the point.

well, i guess it would incorperate the best of both types of rollercoasters....Tight helixes and loops for the inverted and lots of airtime and drops for the over the track.

Also, it would be cool if the switchover could be done indoors in pitch black, so the riders dont know what has happened until they enter into daylight.

Ah, I see now. So the riders start off floorless, then change half way through to inverted (or vice versa).
I like it!

I've thought about that too. But my idea was to have a device kind of like the space rings in RCT, but instead it only rotates in one plane, so when it was desired, the train would go through a barrel roll, and it would switch from floorless to inverted (or vice versa) by sliding just like the space rings. There would also be a locking system keeping it from switching when it wasn't wanted, like if the floorless portion of the ride was to have a barrel roll, but not have it switch from flooress to inverted. In my mind it would work similar to the 4D coasters where there is a second set of wheels that causes the seats to rotate, that way it wouldn't rotate when it wasn't supposed to.

I also like the idea of the MCBR. But how about this, you have a Pre-lift (or launch, whatever it may be) Beer Run, and a MC(T)BR. Mid Course Taco Bell Run. Or you're drunken fast food joint of choice, Taco Bell just fits the acronym better.

After riding Krake at Heide Park last weekend I got the idea of making a full circuit B&M dive machine. The new 6 abreast trains seemed really agile and the fact that they're smaller then the new wing rider trains that are capable of zero-g rolls, corkscrews etc made me think of a full circuit looper but with a dive machine start! Imagine hanging from the edge, then a kick ass vertical drop into a full circuit looper, sounds sweet to me! I hope some park pics up on this idea since it's certainly is feasible and wouldn't be too expensive :)

^You know what I mean :wink: with more than a single immelman inversion..

The new slimmer train is capable of more advanced inversions at the same time as it doesn't require the big expensive track that Griffon/Sheikra/Oblivion has. A junior dive machine could perform a vertical drop then ~7 varied inversions without problem just like the regular B&M loopers :)

I really like the idea of either being able to sit above the track or along the side, and sitting in the front row of a diving machine looks so sick, so with a larger front row, the more you are able to ride it in the front.

^Well to some extent yes. I can't be arsed to dig up the topic, but there was some sort of launched shuttle woodie thing at IAAPA this year.

There are picture of it somewhere.