What's new

Nintendo Themed World for Universal Japan

More concept art has leaked. All taken from Gary Synder's twitter @thatsjustgary
This really is insane
DCgBdrDXUAALt-A.jpg

DCf-jb3XoAAX43C.jpg

DCf-nCdWsAAffje.jpg

DCf-xdqXsAAZasl.jpg

DCf514DXkAIsh6P.jpg
DCf5694XkAEXppT.jpg
DCf6BImW0AAVTT-.jpg
DB8HZsXXcAAxVqG.jpg
DB8HegKXYAApX1u.jpg
DB8HjJBXUAECuI-.jpg

******Parkscope has explained all the rumours on their page which should be read in accompaniment to the pics. Thought it would be rude to copy and paste: http://www.parkscope.net/2017/06/super-nintendo-world-concept-art.html

The Mario Kart ride has potential to be completely mind blowing visually, and a hell of a lot of fun! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

So, with the clouds, why didn't they put the slot in the cloud instead, and have a rack inside it, sandwiched between pinion wheels?
I guess - but maybe to avoid the cantilever on the clouds being so big? The way they've done them here is the lightest solution. Agree though, it's not the most elegant - would have been much nicer to hide the mechanism...

I do agree it would have been nicer visually, but some moving objects in the games have lines you can see on screen they follow. Maybe not clouds (unless they mocked this up in a developers Mario Maker 3D) but I'm happy to just go with it.

Haha, I've been wondering about this every time I've seen photos of it, surely you could've made that gap disappear. It sounds stupid, but I hate to see such little imperfections in otherwise brilliant theming.