What's new

No Limits Competition VIII- Spinning Challenge

another couple of questions...

1. You do not need to use the columns unless you make a Gerstluer, if not, you just delete them, yes?

2. If this is an indoor coaster, can you build support beams from the 'walls' of the building? They should be able to support it and of course this frees up space on the floor of the building, and this is in a shopping centre, where people walk around...think about it...

3. So can you change the amount of time in the station?

Yeah, no tools, but that goes without saying for AHG, sure it heartlines it, but because of the random spinning, it won't remove the g-forces, so you have to do it yourself either way...just saying to all those would be cheaters...

1. You cannot delete them. They're there to make it interesting. Build around them. Dave just said they could be used to support track.

2. It's unlikely that the structure of a shopping malls designed to take the weight of a coaster. So no, you cannot build supports into the walls.

3. I'd imagine so, it's not that big a change is it?

Hixee said:
1. You cannot delete them. They're there to make it interesting. Build around them. Dave just said they could be used to support track.

2. It's unlikely that the structure of a shopping malls designed to take the weight of a coaster. So no, you cannot build supports into the walls.

3. I'd imagine so, it's not that big a change is it?

1. Theres no point them being there if you dont use them. If you cant delete them then can you atleast change the angle of them to fit your ride. If you made the Gerstluer you would do that anyway, he did not say they had to stay straight.

2. I disagree, what is heavier, a building or part of a small coaster?

You can't remove them as I said they are support beams, which means they hold up something and not JUST the ride. ****ing idiot!!!

You can't put weight on a wall of a building, as that excess weight can be dangerous.

Mine is going very well, I have begun supporting, bits will be hard, some easy. The lift supports are rather unusual for this kind of ride and things will get wierder. And I can assure you no CF ride will ever have a better colour scheme than my ride...

I have two or three points that sometime get high laterals, but should be able to fix or ignore them, they are very rare.

I am reducing station time to 20-30 seconds, 30-40 is far too high for 4 people.

Blaze said:
Hixee said:
2. I disagree, what is heavier, a building or part of a small coaster?

The coaster itself. You forget that while in motion, a coaster train exerts forces upon the track/support structure. Build the track into the buildings structure, and you're going to need a lot more bracing than what's to offer.

I'm pretty sure a roof weighs more than a small section of track, even with a car on it, but oh well, not allowed to do so now anyway.

Blaze said:
I'm pretty sure a roof weighs more than a small section of track, even with a car on it, but oh well, not allowed to do so now anyway.

That's true, but, the walls are designed to spread the weight of the roof evenly. If you go and add a load of coaster track, plus the forces it will exert onto said wall, it wouldn't work without additional bracing.

This is simple logic, how can you not understand?

Put it this way Blaze, a wall wasn't made to have a coaster train continually forcing it to the side. It was made to hold a roof on top of it.

The point is, a wall could really easily support coaster track. It weighs next to nothing as you pointed out. Trains travelling round the track create large forces that would stress the wall too much if it was not originally designed to take the extra stress.

Don't forget, one of the reasons we like coasters is because of the forces. ;)

Try just thinking about it next time.

I haven't even started yet! Keep getting about 2 elements in, and then deciding it's no good, deleting the whole thing and starting again...

By the way, one last very quick question, are we marked on terraforming or use of 3d's? Because I can't do either.

Sorry again for being annoying. This is my first competition so I don't want to start on a bad note. I just sometimes get obsessed by this idea and have to make absolutely sure it's not ok to do that before I can let it go. Sorry.

Bugger.

Had an amazing ride, and was 25% supported...then realised I was 750 feet short.

Gutted...I may release the ride seperately after the comp, I want to keep the start section.

Hey Dave.

When I've finished my track is it alright if I can send it to you so you can check everything is alright?

As I'm building the thing all the red lines confuse me a bit and I'm not sure if everything is all in.

Oh yeah.

I think I've accidentally deleted some supports as well.

Blaze said:
Gutted...I may release the ride seperately after the comp, I want to keep the start section.

How bout just move the station, and add a prelift section? Or make the brakes weaker and add a bit more track...

Um I've finally started my coaster, but it's really frustrating as I've had loads of great ideas, but it's very hard to do them correctly, so at the moment, I have the drop and the first element or so, but it's really not smooth and there are already loads of G-spikes.

Seeing as I probably won't win this comp anyway, would it be acceptable to ask one of you guys at the end, just to help me remove the roughness? I will give you most of the credit for the ride. If not, I think I could probably make a slightly smoother, more 'normal' coaster', but due to me being crazy, I'd want to stick with the weird coaster, even if it meant coming complete last in the comp.

Ingested Banjo said:
Seeing as I probably won't win this comp anyway, would it be acceptable to ask one of you guys at the end, just to help me remove the roughness? I will give you most of the credit for the ride. If not, I think I could probably make a slightly smoother, more 'normal' coaster', but due to me being crazy, I'd want to stick with the weird coaster, even if it meant coming complete last in the comp.

Nope.

But I can teach you HOW to smooth ;)