What's new

"Now Showing"

500 Days of Summer was absolutely amazing.

It hit home so hard...I think ever guy has a Summer in some way or another and you can relate to the movie so much. The directing was superb and the story was a nice change of pace to a normal romantic comedy. Definitely go see it.

9.5/10

I watched Changeling the other day.

It's amazing! I loved it! Angelina is a bitch, and I still hate her, BUT, I'll give her her dues, and she was great in this!

It was so emotional too. I cried... 9/10.

It hit home so hard...I think ever guy has a Summer in some way or another and you can relate to the movie so much. The directing was superb and the story was a nice change of pace to a normal romantic comedy. Definitely go see it.

I've never even heard of it before, but now that I have looked it up, I kinda want to see it. It has a good rating and doesn't sound like the usual sappy and whack love stories you usually see in movies.

^^ Haha it's not playing anywhere around here, booo.

Without a Paddle

We have it in our crew room so I watched it over the course of a few shifts I had. It was actually pretty funny! I didn't hear great things about it when it came out or even now but it had its moments, for sure. And I was laughing at Seth Green's height until I realized he's actually taller than me :p .

7/10

Without a Paddle is hilarious. I love that movie. (oh and lol you're smaller than Seth Green. That's pretty damn short.) :p

We Were Soldiers

10/10

Great movie, pretty historical and good action and battle scenes. Who knew the Vietnam War was that exciting?! [/b]

Watched Eraser last night on TV.

Lol, yay for Arnie action films :D Was an enjoyable film with a great twist about half way through. Also CGI crocs = LOL

Rating: 3/5

LiveForTheLaunch said:

I've never even heard of it before, but now that I have looked it up, I kinda want to see it. It has a good rating and doesn't sound like the usual sappy and whack love stories you usually see in movies.

Zooey Deschanel is enough to want to see it. She's so incredibly cute and amazing.

RollerCoasterFanatic said:
I kinda want to see it too.

If you can find it, see it. It's only in select theatres unfortunately.

^ My mom is also shorter than me, I think she's like, 5' 2''. My dad is only 5' 8'' or something as well so I think I got pretty lucky to even reach the height I'm at right now :p .

The Taking of Pelham 123

Just saw this, I thought it was pretty decent. Heard average reviews, so my expeectations werent too high. IMO I think its trying a little to hard to be like Phone Booth. Also, it does seem at points that some of the "action" sequences were forced into the script.

Finally, John Travolta trying to swear isn't that great. I really don;t think it suited him very well. But other than these little things, overall it was a good night out.

6.5/10

Finally saw Hitch earlier.

The first hour or so was quite good, but the rest just wasn't as entertaining, was full of clichés and bored me. Was certainly not as funny as I expected it to be.

6.5/10

I watched When Harry Met Sally again, and everytime I watch it I like it more and more.. It's one of the best romance movies I have ever seen, anyway, and I'm definitely convinced that Meg Ryan is (well, was, I don't think she's as pretty anymore) one of the most gorgeous woman ever. The movie also brings up some good food for thought as well.. I enjoyed contemplating the whole "men and women can never be friends" thing.

Definitely one of my favourites; 8/10.

http://www.getback.com/story/meg-ryan-then-now/3010700

Soo pretty.

Last night I began watching 3000 Miles to Graceland an action film starring Christian Slater, Kurt Russell, Kevin Costner & Courtney Cox.

I will watch the rest tonight.

I watched most of Leprechaun: In da hood on DVD at my mate's house.

This was the funniest film ever. It's just so bad it's funny. The Leprechaun is well evil too lol.

Finally watched 3000 miles to Graceland.

The film has a small but hopeful line-up of Kurt Russell, Kevin Costner, Christian Slater, Courtney Cox, John Lovitz & David Arquette.

We begin by briefly meeting the protagonist, Michael Zane {Kurt Russell} where we learn he is an ex con-man recently released from a prison sentence. Long story short, him & his partners in crime which includes, Christian Slater & 'seem-to-be' group leader, Kevin Costner plan and execute a heist at the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas. The unique selling point of this heist, is that it is during the Annual Elvis convention, which convenientally means they can costume themselves as the King himself.

The setting of this film is rather nice, the picture is very exaggerated much like a Tarantino film, and the Las Vegas & Nevada scenes are picturesque.

Unfortunately as the film progressed I become instantly driven to dissapointment, every inch of storyline is oozing with ****ness & coincidences pop up left right and centre.
This film has finalized my opinion that Kevin Costner is an appauling actor, especially when it comes to being the unshaven bad guy. The only decent actor starring in this film { Christian Slater } is cast ridiculously into the shadows with such a pisspoor character.
Most of the shootouts are awful it's like watching a couple of aging Elvis's try to re-make the Matrix, hell even the music does not fit in anywhere with this type of film.

Pretty dissapointed, but some of the film is okay in little bits and places. Plus, about 5 minutes of this film includes a car chase through a theme park {I think it's a Six Flags}

4.2/10