What's new

Ocean Park, Hong Kong |"Hair Raiser"| B&M Floorless

Forgive my ignorance, but where's the corkscrew?

OP3.jpg

All I can see after the Immelman is that twisty hill, then a drop, then inlcline into a turn, then brakes?

Glad to see CoasterCrazy is borrowing the Batman Forever font. :razz:

I'm liking what I see, looking forward to seeing how the train moves around this layout.

Is it just me, or is it always cloudy in Asian theme parks? I mean, every shot I've seen of one of their major coasters is taken on a day with no blue sky visible. On the contrary, those tiny parks appear to have sun all year long...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if it's a stand-up, this is the first one in, like, 12 years! The last new stand-up was Georgia Scorcher at SFOG.

^You are wrong. It's a floorless coaster. It says in the topic title. ;)

Martyn B said:
Forgive my ignorance, but where's the corkscrew?
I think that the twisty hill on the model got interoperated as a corkscrew instead.

Another thing with the model, I can't see a lift/drop on it, it seems really flat compared to the parking lot below it...
Could this mean that this will be the first B&M launch coaster??

^From what was discussed earlier, the section of track before the loop is the first drop, the lift hill is the straight piece of track leading 'away' from the station. The curvy bit was just a pre-drop type thing like on Daemonen.

summit%20hard%20model_resize.jpg

The image isn't all that clear. I haven't actually looked to see if there's another picture from a different angle.

^ Ah now I get it. The "parking lot" is actually a slope, the perspective just screws up the whole thing...

It would have been way cooler if it were a launch though. :)

Re: Hair Raiser: New B&M Floorless - Ocean Park, Hong Kong

And the ride is now testing...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSQXAPYuZ84[/youtube]

It's very quiet, makes it look quite graceful. :)

Having said that, it doesn't look that good either... I'm sure it'll be fun, but might be a bit more like the Hydra end of floorless coasters.

Yeah, looking at that I think I'll somehow manage to survive if it's not ready for when we go...

Hixee said:
It's very quiet, makes it look quite graceful. :)

Having said that, it doesn't look that good either... I'm sure it'll be fun, but might be a bit more like the Hydra end of floorless coasters.

If it's less of a rattling machine than Hydra is it will be better than Hydra. :roll:

It looks kind of boring and sluggish at the moment, hopefully, when it gets time to be ran in and worn a little, it may pick up a bit of pace over that S Hill...

watch?v=RbnvIPTURtE

PLEASE PLACE THIS AFTER THE YOUTUBE. I can't make it here.
this is another video of the coaster testing

Looks like another forceless floorless by the new kings of making boring coasters B&M.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbnvIPTURtE[/youtube] for kikiwong2006

Whenever we see a new B&M testing every comment is.

"Looks forceless"

Then it opens and the hype causes a good amount of

"It's actually pretty good"

Then when the hype dies down one person turns round and says.

"It's actually not that good" To which everyone else follows.

After an avalanche of negativity and the ride wears in, possibly the next season a few people ride and it goes.

"Ok it's not bad" then over the next few years the popularity increases, and even some people put it in their top ten.

Same story every fricken year.