What's new

Other Coaster Communities

^ you could always pretend you'd gone and make fictitious pages. I for one can't wait for the section on PPB's fountain profiles :D

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work guys, much appreciated
Can't wait for the grand unveiling:p

Ohh Snoo please don't call it NuCF, that's a bad omen. I can remember NuMetal *shudders*

Ah, but you don't remember the joy that was Will and NuShu's.

Seriously, why is there so much TPR bashing nowadays?

I'm not wanting to start any bashing, I just want to know why it happens, a lot. It even started up on that Valley Mania fanboysite (lightwater)!

^Erm, I thought this topic was relatively low on TPR bashing? Although, I will say, I was pleasantly surprised by that.

I've signed up for TPR and many Cedar Point forums back in my fangirl days, but this is the only site I visit on a daily basis and is the only community I like. Sometimes I go to TPR for their trip reports and stuff, but not too keen on their forums.

The sites I visit often are here, TowersTimes and Orlando United. But heres the only one I really post at. The others I just tend to lurk and use for information.

I've been thinking about signing up for other Coaster Sites. But honestly, I wouldn't visit them at all knowing that I'm a member to this one. So I can't, lol.

This and Pleasure Beach Experience are my main sites I post on. I sometimes post on TPR and Read Towers Times....
I like this site as it's a mixture of uk and Worldwide news which is a good balance.

Martyn B said:
Seriously, why is there so much TPR bashing nowadays?

I'm not wanting to start any bashing, I just want to know why it happens, a lot. It even started up on that Valley Mania fanboysite (lightwater)!

Okay, just to set this straight. It's no tan open invitation to make this about TPR or start "bashing" :roll:

TPR are their own community. They are a much tighter moderated site than most. This is the way they want it, so people on TPR can enjoy the site without people who don't get along with them ruining it for the majority.

As such, a lot of people fall foul of their rules and the way the site handles moderation. So they go elsewhere and let people know about it.

Every site is different. We tend to be too easy on people, and we've certainly taken a "bashing" for allowing vocal and "aggressive" members to have too much of an open arena here. By allowing those members to have a voice, it makes CF "unwelcoming", so we lose members sometimes due to not having as much of an over-bearing control over the forums; almost the complete opposite of TPR.

Hence why it's good that there's a site for everyone to go to. Personally (and I think Ian feels the same), I prefer a site to let people loose with their personality, rough or smooth and let people find their own place. That doesn't mean people on TPR don't have personality (or on any other site), we are just more tolerant of forum knobs ;)

Obviously, people who fall foul of a banning or "over moderation" are likely to go and bad mouth the site responsible somewhere else. That doesn't mean they're not justified, or the site wasn't justified - it's just human nature to have a moan :) So you find there's the "bashing" and TPR get it because:

a) they're big
b) they're well known
c) they won't tolerate people they don't like

Each to their own and all that then*.

Now, back to ridiculing Will's footwear please :)

*If you wish to respond to this, please do it to me through a PM. I know people will want to, but not in here.

I only visit CF now, other sites if I am linked to them. Except one where a rather fat Californian shouted at me for not understanding earthquakes. Despite spending 3 years at university studying them.

My only other true existence is on Atari with Snoo, which I believe has been discontinued as there are no more topics.

Other than that, I'm all CF.

Its here and RCPro. RCPro was my first site, and I didn't come here until I saw some videos and then watched the forums a bit then joined. I have been with RCPro since 03? and have only had a few problems there, once when the forums were shut down for a month right when it was at its peak, and then the owner of the site tried shutting it down, but there was resistance for him selling it, and it was messy, and the site lost a lot of members then. I have met up with people from there 3 or 4 times, but it was nothing like the one day at WoF. This site has become my new home, and while I still check RCPro, the boards are pretty dead nowadays, they pick up occasionally, Cheetah Hunt updates really, but I do most of my posting here.

Hyde244 said:
My only other true existence is on Atari with Snoo, which I believe has been discontinued as there are no more topics.

Other than that, I'm all CF.

They moved the forums to a new host. ;)

I attended the TPR Spaintrip and met them in Finland twice and had a really great time. I go on TPR every now and then for trip reports etc. I haven't posted there in way over half a year though, which has to do with me not really liking the way the forums are (feels much more hierarchical) and the fact that my general interest in coasters and themeparks has declined quite a bit. I also browse a finnish themepark forum, but most people there are weird and it's pretty lame as I have much more knowledge than (pretty much) all of them (maybe not very technical) but it's just a facepalm-galore basically.

d

TPR's forums really suck, but it seems that they have amazing trips (but I haven't been to one). However, the people that have gone have liked them. Their negative is the forums, where I believe CF has the best forums of any site.

I am a member on TPR, and I used to be a regular poster, but I haven't been for years now. Everything was fine when I used to use it, but all I seem to hear nowadays is bad things about it.

I never do ant of the meets or anything, but I have accounts on Coaster Crazy and NL Exchange, and i really only use Coaster Crazy for competitions and NL Exchange for posting my NoLimits work, this is really the only (coaster related) place I use forums

CF is an excellent site with the non forum parts being probably some of the best out there,and on the forum with the likes of Furie, Ian, Nic and Mysterious Sue (amongst others) making genuinely excellent posts, consistently. If I was to criticise, there could be an argument to separate the forum into a US and Europe division, and the forum can occasionally turn more abrasive then most, but in the scheme of things, a pace I will always habitually wash up at.

Have no interest in TPR, and tend to spend as much time in the excellent TTF and Valley Mania, and the underrated Ride Guide as I do here, so rarely fall into the habit of 'sticking' with one site.

I know I'm not the only nomad though, and I do have a sub-question; for those of you that are on multiple sites, what other 'names' you go under?