What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Yeah - but looks like someones sat on it!
That's just how they look when the track is inverted.
bgs83l5f.jpg

012_talon_zero-g_332.jpg

Just follow the heartline and you recover the ballistic shape.

Just a different view of the inversion we've already seen. Photographed from Colorado Adventure's lift hill it would seem.

The reason it looks strange is because the corkscrew follows the heartline of the coaster, rather than the usual swing/whip of a corkscrew. I can guess that this is done to keep riders in their "seat" rather than flinging them against the harness.

Phantasialand don't release POV's. Taron was the first time they ever did, and was put online on opening night.
So don't expect one until it opens.

From what I have been reading off of other web sites. This is a prototype for a new flying coaster with a horizontal loading station. The concept drawing with a horizontal loading platform is rumored to be a Disney drawing/prototype for the new Guardians coaster.

From what I have been reading off of other web sites. This is a prototype for a new flying coaster with a horizontal loading station. The concept drawing with a horizontal loading platform is rumored to be a Disney drawing/prototype for the new Guardians coaster.
It's most likely for F.L.Y. at Phantasialand and we are discussing that for a while now in the F.L.Y. thread :D
Phantasialand has confirmed a launched flying coaster, and tracks are already going up, confirming it is Vekoma.

It's most likely for F.L.Y. at Phantasialand and we are discussing that for a while now in the F.L.Y. thread :D
Phantasialand has confirmed a launched flying coaster, and tracks are already going up, confirming it is Vekoma.

I knew it was going to a European park but I forgot where so I kept my mouth shut from looking like an idiot. lol
Also, I meant to say the one in the pictures is HORIZONTAL loading and the one at EPCOT is VERTICAL loading. That what I get for typing when Im tired.

They never confirmed the builder is Vekoma.