What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Re: [Rumour] 2012 B&M for Port Aventura

Wow. I hope that's true. It'll look far more impressive than Diamondback's Splash Section. I do hope this has th new trains to it rather then the older ones. The new trains look far nicer!

coaster2h.jpg

I think it looks really interesting! Instead of only being a spectacular view for the onlookers the water splash will enhance the ride experience for the passengers as well, clever thinking B&M!

I want to put a note here: According to actual rumors, the artificial splash will probably be in the first or second drop

Martyn B said:
^ Well I bloody well hope thats false!

This must be to down size the ride somewhat (if this turns out to be correct), If im right in saying the coaster will be in the height region of 270ft but will be considerably shorter in length than many B&M hypers meaning they will have to make a notable transition in height to turn 270ft into ground level in a such a short space. A heavily trimmed watersplash could easily transform a 200ft airtime hill into a much smaller hill following the splash element.

ry1996 said:
Dont you think they need to hurry up ?
as there are no footers in at all yet ?

i wouldnt really worry. B&M's go up really quick. remember intimidator at carowinds that went up freakishly fast for a massive roller coaster.

this is looking really good i just love B&M's hypers!

Splash on the first or second drop?
Where has THAT rumour come from and wheres the proof that makes even this rumour stand?

That patent is very old (2008) and still uses the old style trains, I think with this coaster there is far to much guess work at the moment with no hard facts on anything.

^Yes. But Diamondback was already in the works so they had probably already constructed the trains, or at least they didn't bother to incorporate this new feature. And the only B&M hyper coaster after that is Intimidator, which doesn't have a water splash...

I definitely think the coaster at PA will feature the new zero car mounted water splash, it's a great idea and makes much more sense then having the water feature on the last car. I haven't seen any proof/source to why the water splash should be after the first drop though, so I'm still a little bit sceptical to that information!

Screaming Coasters said:
Splash on the first or second drop?
Where has THAT rumour come from and wheres the proof that makes even this rumour stand?

Hi,

all of this comes from PA Community (spanish forum). Aparently, there are a worker filtering the info in that forum. I don't know if thats true or not.

The only thing i'm doing is, when there is some relevant info about this project, put that info here in english (i know my english....).

I dont see the point of putting the splash on the first or second drop, but that's what the current rumors says

that would be silly I think. The water splash should be right at the end before the brake run.

D1993 said:
that would be silly I think. The water splash should be right at the end before the brake run.
Or the splash being part of the break run, or the break itself (B&M... Start doing impossible stuff please)

^How about a splash on the face of a waterfall. That's what I'm talkin bout.

^ haha that would be pretty crazy. I think the idea of the splash down being part of the brake run itself is a great idea. Isnt that what pretty much diamondback's splashdown is anyways?

When can we expect an announcement for this coaster?

haha ok I see your point. I think the worst is waiting for an announcement of the announcement! I mean when we know the day details will be released thats much better, but not knowing when theyre even going to announce it just burns me! ahhh.

Here's some amazing fan made pictures I found! Nothing official of course, but I thought it woulde be worth sharing :)

49424d1311432716-neu-2011-12-neuheiten-port-aventura-sesamo-aventura-18720113.jpg

49425d1311432716-neu-2011-12-neuheiten-port-aventura-sesamo-aventura-18720114.jpg

49426d1311432716-neu-2011-12-neuheiten-port-aventura-sesamo-aventura-20220113.jpg

49427d1311432716-neu-2011-12-neuheiten-port-aventura-sesamo-aventura-20220114.jpg

49428d1311432716-neu-2011-12-neuheiten-port-aventura-sesamo-aventura-20220115.jpg

Pictures taken from coasterfriends.de, originally from bloggercoaster.com

Ugh, everytime I see a new post in here, I get bit excited and hope to finally see something official....

Yet everytime its more and more **** from fanboys.