What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

For the people wondering about its smoothness, I've heard that it is silky smooth... ;)
image.jpg

Ferrariland Gallery will feature on-ride picture.
They'll offer you a photo of you looking at some photos?

Is it bad if I'm just now realizing this is a magnetic and not hydraulic launch?

Little interest for the tallest coaster in Europe. I'd swear that was irony if I based the definition of the word on what Alanis Morrisette says.

Will we ever see one an Accelerator coasters that doesn't have breaks on the airtime hill? C'mon, we could deal with the forces!

One thing I noticed though, which proves how much attention I've given this, is no OTSR. Yeah, I guess that's old news, buts it's news to me. It's like rai-eee-ain on your wedding day, etc etc.

Little interest for the tallest coaster in Europe. I'd swear that was irony if I based the definition of the word on what Alanis Morrisette says.
Who would've thought, it figures.

Rofl that POV just makes it look even worse. Like, the launch actually appeals to me as I love gradual launches rather than instant acceleratin but the rest of the ride is just. It's 2017 you ****ing idiots show a bit of ambition.

Who the hell also shoots a video at 50 fps?

I do, I assume Marcus has the same reason as me. British standard is 25 progressive /interlaced. Moving to 50 p rather than 60 makes for a natural move and helps cause less issues if we want to throw old material into something new.

I've just caught up with all the press day stuff on Twitter. I have zero interest in actually visiting this park. I still can't get over the fact it's a separate ticket to the main park.

^ That's right, the old British 25 fps standard. 60 fps has been a simple defacto for all things Youtube and gaming, hence my gripe.

Pahahaha. That's fab.

I love how he's just like "**** it" for the drop.

I can see the eventual coaster parody of this coaster, referencing the pigeon, with that wildlife person moaning about harming innocent pigeons. Judging by the track work on this ride though, the pigeon seems the least painful when choosing between the ride and a pigeon to the neck.

Rode it twice yesterday. Quite good for a flat ride. Operated at 1 train with a dispatch every 4 minutes, probably to avoid overheating the LSMs. I didn't bother looking at the rest of the park. Good news, you can go back and forth between the two parks at will, so it works as an extra themed area.
Basically, it felt like those short bonus levels at the end of a video game where, after completing the main campaign, you have access to some weird/experimental additional content where the devs tried something different.
Seen as a short bonus level, it is not that bad. Seen as a whole park, it's probably the worst park in the world.

^The thing is that this bonus costs more than any ride during Oktoberfest and I bet it's not as good.

The park has been open for a week and it's a complete disaster. Even non-coaster enthusiasts are seeing the reality: the park is tiny, attractions are limited and reliability is certainly an issue (especially on Red Force, with LSMs constanly overheating, and Flying Dreams). It also looks like the S&S towers are having teething problems as well...

On average, with no Express pass, people are getting around 2 to 3 rides during the 7-hour span that Ferrari Land is open. Guest services have been reported to have 1 hour + lines to complain... I really hope PAW do something to recover from this situation or the PR consequences could be bad, even worse than when WDS opened.

Oh I absolutely agree. The way I see it, they don't have any other choice than either integrate it completely into the park accesible with the standard rate ticket, or double the number of rides. Non enthousiasts have an even more negative opinion of the park as they don't see the oint of paying extra just to access a coaster that is not as good as shambhala and some towers that are not as good as huracan condor. Us, at least, would gladly pay for an extra (not half bad) coaster.