What's new

RCT2 Help, Information and Requests

Ah, glad you asked. This is one of the most simple hacks... It's all zero clearancing. Steps:
1. Build your ride
2. Open 8 cars trainer
3. Set clearances to Zero- must be on "Absolute"
4. Raise water
5. Restore clearances

It's as simple as that. A great addition to any park!

Try my hacking website:
http://cp6-rct.tripod.com/id2.html
This is the zero clearancing page. Also consider the 'General' page which explains where certain functions are on 8 cars.

It doesn't specifically show you how to do a rapids, but you should be able to figure it out from there. Just keep in mind that when you go to zero clearances, there will be two choices- relative and absolute. Pick absolute, it's the only one that will work for this case.

If you still need screens, let me know.

Hi again
I have placed some custom scenery in the obj data folder, but they dont work, custom rides work but the scenery doesnt appear in the scenery panel or on scenario editor.

Do you know a way to get them to appear so i can use them??

Thanks

Fool- Have you checked all scenery tabs? Downloaded scenery usually falls under the 'samll objects' tab. Once you go into the editor, click 'advanced' to show all the tabs. They should be in either small scenery, large scenery, or walls. Scroll through them all and have a look.

Geek- Well, I'm in the process of creating a tutorial on my website. Check in about 10 minutes after this post is completed and see if it's there. It should be under a page called 'Simple Hacking'.

CedarPoint6 said:
Geek- Well, I'm in the process of creating a tutorial on my website. Check in about 10 minutes after this post is completed and see if it's there. It should be under a page called 'Simple Hacking'.

Well I cant check your site right now because I'm at school.

Hey CP6.

On your simple hacks page, the train on the transfer track doesn't work for me. it just comes up with a dialog box that says that an error log is being created. Any ideas why this is and how to get it working?

An error log? I don't believe I've ever heard of that. Are you able to get a screenshot of the dialog box? I'm not sure what that means, actually.

Ok, try these things...

1. Does the track come out of the BACK of the station?
2. Have you set the track to downward launch mode?
3. Have you added the station entrance/exit?

I think i've just cacked up my Rct2.. I moved the entire folder to open up some space on one of my harddrives. It wouldnt make the connection between the game and the disk after that. I uninstalled it and now when I try to install it tells me that the "rct2.exe" file doesn't match something in the setup.cab

The game loads fine until I want to load a game and it gives me an error.

Do I need to buy a new disk.. ?

Hm, are you sure when you uninstalled everything, that you went back in and deleted the actual folder as well (not just through add/remove programs)? I think sometimes that can be your problem. Besides that, it's more of an NE question then for me... they could probably help.

Mr. CP6,

Do you think it would be possible to do a Tornado Waterslide in RCT2? I am attempting, but its going to be nothing but a big ol' box with a waterslide going through it.

Any suggestions?

Well, let's see... it basically all boils down to needing to build a kind of half pipe ride and then building the tornado tube around it, right? Well it is possible to hack a water slide to do a half pipe type thing... Give me a day or two and I'll try.

Hey Cedar Point 6,

I'm the guy with the question about the lift hill, I really don't know where to get it or how to hack it. Also, whenever I try to connect 2 different tracks with the trainer, it does test or run. Any help?

Alright... the lift hill is one of the easiest hacks you can do...

Before you start, be familiar with the commands of 8 cars so you know what I'm talking about... my website is good for that.
http://cp6-rct.tripod.com/

Here we go:
1. Build your original coaster lift hill (and the rest of the coaster if you want.
2. Build a 4-D coaster lift hill above the spot where you want it to go. (It will be above your coaster's lift hill.
3. Open up 8 cars
4. Go to edit ride stats and find the 4-D coaster
5. Select the main color scheme option
6. Check the raise/lower box
7. In the raise/lower box, put how ever many spaces the track has to move down to be on top of the lift hill... If you've built the 4-D as close as you can above the lift hill, this will be -3 spaces. Don't forget the negative.
8. Click Apply
9. Click cancel

I'll talk about track merging later... I have a premade tutorial for that.

I am having trouble with building walls and putting roofs on, could you please tell me what to do!

I am having trouble with building walls and putting roofs on, could you please tell me what to do!