What's new

RCT3 Help, Information and Requests

RCT3 Questions

I am wondering something, is there an add-on for RCT3 that allows you to make things mor realistic? It's just one of my peeves with the suppors being those long never ending polls, like when I try to make the Dragster over in the game. I noticed a video on youtube (it reffered me here) that they hadthe suppors like on the real dragster with all of the triangles.. I looked around in the "customize" part of RCT3 but nothing seemed to be for that. ALSO how do you make buildings, like you'd see at Cedar Point the station with a roof and all.

It's all custom scenery. People get programs and make they're own scenery objects for the game and put it on the internet for people to download and add onto the game.

Search 'RCT3 custom scenery' on google and it should bring some up.

Also the supports you are looking at are in a pack called 'J-Cats Steelworks' which can be found here:
http://www.trackworx.com/Steelworx.html

Hope that helps. :D

That is exactly what I was looking for now if only I can find out how to use it... Didn't understand the instructions.

Topic merged.

The instructions can't get much simpler really. You download the installer, run it and it installs into your RCT3 game. So when you next load it, the stuff should be there.

If it ISN'T, then something has gone wrong, but you will need to have more than a basic understanding of how your computer works to fix it (the details are all there, but if you don't understand them, it's unlikely we'll be able to help any further without more precise details).

Ok so I probably know this questions been asked before on this board but i couldn't find it in the help thread. So I finally got J-Cats Steelworx to work, and I downloaded the Steelworx 1.2 update with invisible support killer, but my support killer isn't invisible, is there a way to stop the shadow effect appearing?

-scan-

I think you can change shadows in the options window either in the game or in the main menu.

how do you make walls open up?

^ What like doors that open, they are ride events the cook has a set of doors that are ride events go here, i'd also look through any other custom scenery on there, because it is better downloading say-Gadgets coaster goodies in zip format there than in .RAR format from rapidshare.

http://vodhin.org/e107/download.php?view.363

if that doesn't work go to vodhin.org, community pages, rct3 custom scenery and then page 4 around halfway down, the cooks doors 1.1

hope that helps.

^ I sorted out support killer by getting gadgets coaster goodies, he has made an invisible one that is invisible

Please help

I jsut downloaded a tons of customs cenery from das matze. They are all .RAR and not .zip. What do i do with them? I tried to just put them in the customs cenery folder that i usually do, but when i was in the game, none of the scenery i had jsut downloaded showed up!

Google winrar or Izarc and download them.

RAR files are like Zipped files I think. They contain a bunch of other files (I.E all your Custom sceanary).

Plus this should go in rct3 help thread which to my memory is in coaster games.

Im having problems with my Imagineer John sets. I place them into the correct directory (C:\Program Files\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3\Style\Themed), but when i try to load them in the game, it completely freezes the game, causing me to have to alt-tab to close it.

Help anyone??

To take screenshots, I press Alt+Print Screen and paste the image into paint.

I hope that helps.

I was going to do that but it seemed 'too simple', but thanks alot anyway :)

There is an easy way to take screenshots but I can't remember it. What I do is press 'print screen' and then open paint and press paste and your image will appear.
I think the shortcuts on of the F buttons but I can remember. :?

wheelhs1 you can upload photos to the forums by making an account in a site such as photobucket.com where it will give you a link to paste into forums to make it appear.

Hope I managed to help some of you. :)

Edit: Damn you Tom. Beat me too it. :p