What's new

Reservation system at Six Flags effect on Flash Pass

KingdaKaTard

Roller Poster
Hey guys,

So my original assumption was that because Six Flags will only be allowing a few amount of people into the park only via reservation, that the Flash Pass would no longer be needed for this season. However, I think I may be wrong.

The way they are planning on boarding people is filling one row of the coaster/ride then skipping a row (social distancing) - so yes while fewer people will be in the park, the rides will be half full when they are running. This is according to their CEO and his recent remarks.

So, taking this into consideration - I think getting a flash pass might still be a viable option?

If you only let 30% of your park capacity in and run the rides at 50% capacity, you're still going to be looking at reduced queues. In practice, rides are going to be at less than 50% capacity though - that assumes every group is the right number of people to fill a row.

Fast passes will be scrapped this year worldwide. No way can you have people jumping the queue when you are operating attractions on 25-50% capacity.

^ What he said. Also I'd expect most major park chains to be introducing virtual queuing on their most popular attractions which is effectively what a Six Flags Flash Pass does anyway unless you get the top level one.

Even with virtual queues fast passes are just as viable as they always were - everything in the park would reduce proportionally, so guests with fast pass would still wait 50% less than the regular queue or whatever. Standby lines may move even more horrendously slowly than if there were no fast passes, but parks will want the revenue so will probably still offer something. Six Flags have never put the guest experience aboveprofits begore so don’t see them starting now.

Even with virtual queues fast passes are just as viable as they always were - everything in the park would reduce proportionally, so guests with fast pass would still wait 50% less than the regular queue or whatever. Standby lines may move even more horrendously slowly than if there were no fast passes, but parks will want the revenue so will probably still offer something. Six Flags have never put the guest experience aboveprofits begore so don’t see them starting now.

I have to agree with you here Fi. Plus, they are still promoting the fast pass on their website. I think I'm gonna get it as soon as the park opens.

I don’t personally agree. Loading and unloading times are going to be double as slow and then you have to disinfect the trains in between each ride.

The capacity isn’t necessarily reducing proportionally either. Most parks are reducing to approximately 30% capacity, but depending on the ride car, some attractions can only operate at 25% capacity. For example, in the Netherlands, on a gerst eurofighter/Mack Big Dipper, only 2 out of 8 seats per car are allowed to be filled. Imagine allowing priority passes when you are only filling 2 seats per car, no one from the main line would ever be able to get on?

Similarly, some flat rides such as Huss topspins and Huss frisbees can only have every 4th seat occupied, hence a 25% capacity.

Even if parks are reduced to 30 ish % capacity, I personally think it is not feasible to allow fastpass on rides that are only allowing 25% capacity. Especially when loading and unloading has to be done in an especially careful and cautious manner and then staff need to disinfect any points of contact after every ride.

Normally, parks such as merlin and six flags are first to jump on fastpass sales, but I just don’t think it’s a feasible option when the attractions will be operating in such a manner.

Also, just because it’s promoted on the website, doesn’t mean it’s happening. Phantasialand and Europa Park are promoting VR attractions on their website and they aren’t opening this season...

I don’t personally agree. Loading and unloading times are going to be double as slow and then you have to disinfect the trains in between each ride.

The capacity isn’t necessarily reducing proportionally either. Most parks are reducing to approximately 30% capacity, but depending on the ride car, some attractions can only operate at 25% capacity. For example, in the Netherlands, on a gerst eurofighter/Mack Big Dipper, only 2 out of 8 seats per car are allowed to be filled. Imagine allowing priority passes when you are only filling 2 seats per car, no one from the main line would ever be able to get on?

Similarly, some flat rides such as Huss topspins and Huss frisbees can only have every 4th seat occupied, hence a 25% capacity.

Even if parks are reduced to 30 ish % capacity, I personally think it is not feasible to allow fastpass on rides that are only allowing 25% capacity. Especially when loading and unloading has to be done in an especially careful and cautious manner and then staff need to disinfect any points of contact after every ride.

Normally, parks such as merlin and six flags are first to jump on fastpass sales, but I just don’t think it’s a feasible option when the attractions will be operating in such a manner.

Also, just because it’s promoted on the website, doesn’t mean it’s happening. Phantasialand and Europa Park are promoting VR attractions on their website and they aren’t opening this season...

You actually bring up a great point regarding the lower capacity on the coasters w/ respect to flash pass users, however on majority of the coasters I feel like 1 or 2 flashpass users shouldn't be that big of a deal right? I think you're assuming the same amount of flash pass users will enter the park like they did before, but I think it will be significantly reduced. The ratio of normal users to flash pass users shouldn't change because of the overall limited capacity.

Also, Flash Pass isn't going anywhere which is why they are still promoting it (promoting a flash pass vs promoting a VR ride...doesn't really equate - two separate entities.). Here are the updated Six Flags FAQs:

What happens with Season Pass and Membership Add-Ons?
Season Pass and Membership add-ons will be extended in the same way we extend your Season Pass or Membership. See above for details.

AND

I’ve ordered THE FLASH Pass for a date the park is closed. What should I do?
Your THE FLASH Pass reservation will be valid through December 31, 2020. Visit the park’s THE FLASH Pass office on the day you choose to visit (when the park reopens) and we will fill your reservation.

It’s recently been confirmed that distancing in NL is per group, not individual as originally feared, so that is actually worst case scenario, and only if everybody visiting is solo... In practice some euro fighter trains may even leave full if the party size is 8.

It’s recently been confirmed that distancing in NL is per group, not individual as originally feared, so that is actually worst case scenario, and only if everybody visiting is solo... In practice some euro fighter trains may even leave full if the party size is 8.
Watch the duinrell vlog I posted in the other topic, the eurofighter is max 2 riders per train regardless of group size. Similarly the Huss flat rides in the park are max 10 out of 40 riders and only one in every 4 seats can be occupied, so you have to sit on your own even if visiting with a group (the unused seats are permanently marked out with red Xs so don’t have to be disinfected)

Also in NL each group can only be a household group, so is likely to average at about 3-4 people.