What's new

Rides unsafe

Why doesn't someone do an interview with said media stations? What is incredibly obvious to us enthusiasts is incredibly poorly thought out to the media asshats.

Now now everyone, let's not just discredit the media without looking into their argument. They might have a good point about how the rides aren't regulated and how these two obviously related events show that roller coasters are unsafe and that when people stop at the top of a lift hill it could be traumatizing for the poor victims of this horrendous crime against the people of this great country.

Okay, I can't do this, lol. This is clearly ridiculous overhype and I think it's almost funny (but mostly just outrageous) that someone would look at these incidents and feel the need to connect them and say that they show that coasters are unsafe. The Texas Giant incident was clearly an example of good safety procedures and shows that the ride has features to protect riders in the case that operators fear some sort of malfunction with the ride. It is definitely not an example of failed engineering but rather the opposite. So then their case is boiled down to a completely freak incident at Darien Lake in which someone who probably shouldn't have been riding the ride did anyway and honestly went out in one of the best ways possible. Even his wife (or whichever family member that was) said "I know, when this happened, he was having a great time". And then they have the audacity to make a broad statement about how you may get injured without even knowing it. Guess what, that could happen in sports, while sitting at an office, while walking down the street, etc. Forget the argument about cars, just think about everyday activities that don't involve vehicles at all. Sure there is a higher chance when you are thrusting your body around at high speeds :wink: but that's why there are warning signs at every single ride. Okay, I'm done.

Posted by rose
July 16, 2011 11:11 PM
Shut up you roller coaster lovers. It is dangerous n u know it. Stop trying to make it sound as safe as air travel.

Sometimes I think it should be legal and encouraged to castrate people. :roll:

This is why it should be legal to slap stupid bitches...forget castration, just slap the bitch as hard as you can.

Also, isnt Air travel more dangerous than riding a roller coaster?

Switching between the hideouts'...

Intricks said:
Also, isnt Air travel more dangerous than riding a roller coaster?

Slightly, but you don't really hear about too many plane crashes OR coaster accidents. I guess planes have a bit more potential to burst into flames. :wink:

Yeah, the "potential" factor is slightly more potential in airplanes than potentially on coasters. You see?

I agree that the US media tend to over-tell their story, especially coaster related news. I remember some UK coaster related media that didn't last too long, example's being the Woman that fell of Hydro at Oakwood, the 11 year old boy that fell out of SI2 in Blackpool. In comparison to US media, it doesn't last too long.

Although Fabio getting a goose to the face deserved all that media attention, it's just too funny to not let it drag on. ;-)

Yeah, that was just too good. I told all my friends :-D

buschgardens-fabio-roller-coaster-1999apr.jpg