What's new

SAW: The Ride - Download on page 20

NOO! I was so excited about seeing the end result, this looks so amazing! Oh well, hope you can get it all sorted out without too much hassle. :--D

Ollie, try and find all the 3ds objects and send them again to me, seems like it would be easier to use the 3ds objects instead of the Wings file, also you forgot some of the Wings files for that matter...

Also some of the parts don't seem to fit together that well...

Please dont give up. If you do decide to stop maybe you could release what you have done so far. Would be a shame to waste it. :(

^^Ok. You''l have to tell me on MSN which ones are missing.
^I can't even do that as the track packager isn't working. :p

If I can't finish it then I'm hoping I'll be able to get a more powerful PC and get 3D's Max where I can do a more detailed rec with less problems. This project was all about me having more experience with making 3D's anyway over the actual ride and I've learnt alot from it already so it's not a massive loss for me but I've got so far and I don't want to disappoint people who have been looking forward to this for months.

The problem with it is that the textures are missing from the 3d objects so I'm currently putting them back, and hopefully I can get it all back into a working order pretty soon...

Right here's what's happening...

My NoLimits and Track Packager are completely failing. So I had to send everything to Loefet who had to reapply the textures and try and line everything up again.

Please be aware that not everything here is lined up so you may have to move and scale some of it to make it right. Also some of the textures may be off as I had to try and explain how they are to Loefet through MSN who has tried his best to help me so a massive thanks to him. :)

So yeah if someone wants to download it and have a fiddle to see what they can do then you're welcome. I'm sorry that it had to finish this way but there's nothing else I can do about it. I was hoping to release it of a high quality standard as you've seen in my screens and updates I've posted. And it's annoying that at the moment even I don't know what the ride's like as I can't open the file as my computer's epically ****.
So yeah if you want to download the unfinished version then you can so here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lggfvngwv0j

Once again I'm sorry or it taking so long and it having to be released like this. :(

^ Why don't you just upload the track-package, instead of the whole lot with all the extra textures and stuff, it will bring everything down to a more reasonable 30 is MB...

Also I have a sneaky suspicion that the only way for you to get everything working properly will be to completely reinstall everything on your computer...

I'm really disappointed that this hasn't worked out for you.

I've downloaded the track and I think you're getting there. There is still work to do, but you had certainly broken the back of it.

I hope you are able to finish this, it would be a great shame and a massive waste of time if it doesn't work out.

That is an incredibly huge file...

The biggest I've seen is Colder Fusion, which was a 3Ds nightmare to make (the entire editor is basically 1 3ds file... oh, and there's a track in there somewhere), and that was 12mb as a whole!

Can you upload just the track please? :)

I should be getting my mums old PC after xmas which means I may be able to get 3Ds Max. Then if I can be bothered I may try this again but it'll be much better quality as I'll be using a professional program.

^and just the track without the themeing or just the track package?

Sad you're going to stop working on this for now, i really liked it :(

Also any comments on the ride (even though it's incomplete) will still be useful for future reference if I do it again.

Ollie said:
Also any comments on the ride (even though it's incomplete) will still be useful for future reference if I do it again.
You mean the track, scenery or all of it?

Just basically everything. Even though it's incomplete and I haven't seen how the scenery and textures have changed since I last touched it. Just want some sort of feedback on everything with that in mind in case there's something you think I can improve on if I do this again next year.

Right, I'll try to break it down a bit.

Theming
Now, bear in mind I haven't been to Thorpe since Saw opened, I thought you did a great job! You've got so much detail and I think you've got the look and proportions sorted. I understand that you haven't managed to finish it, which is a shame. I'm probably better letting someone who's been and ridden Saw to tell you how accurate you are.

Track
Accuracy again is not going to be a good one for me to review, but I didn't think the trackwork on this was anywhere near as high quality as the theming. There were jerks and pumps all over the track and it didn't flow well at all. If (and hopefully when) you finish this ride I'd spend a lot of time making sure the trackwork is perfect. It's a massive waste of your time otherwise.

So yeah, overall I think there is a lot of work to be done, but you've certainly got the quality to pull this off.

Is that the right sort of thing?