What's new

Shanghai, China | Shanghai Disneyland | Theme Park

Within a week of it being opening it'll be covered in graffiti and have children urinating in the moat - the Chinese workers have already been doing the above, so I have absolutely no hope for the guests.

Pink Panther said:
Hong Kong don't have those problems, is the culture really that different!?
Yeah its basically a different country (in terms of attitude and culture at least). HK was separated off from the rest of China for around 150 years and absorbed much British culture over that time. It doesn't share the mainland's customs of spitting and defecating in the street (which happens quite a lot and is rather shocking to western eyes). I'm sure they'll get it under control in the usual heavy-handed fashion that we saw during the Beijing Olympics.

Hong Kong and China are massively different, but people are REALLY over-exagerating these "problems".

There isn't a "custom" of s**ting in the street; that's just ridiculous. You will, occasionally, see parents letting their kids piss into a flower bed or something, but this idea that people seem to have that people are just popping a squat whenever and wherever they feel like it just not true at all.

Spitting is definitely a thing, and it's gross, but it's not specifically a Chinese thing. This idea that crapping everywhere "happens a lot" is absolute bulls**t. The reason the occasional story makes the news, is because it IS news. Do a search and you'll find lots of examples, but most of them will be from Hong Kong or Taiwanese news sources, who LOVE to paint themselves as better than the mainlanders and complain about they're "ruining" Hong Kong. The reactions from most Chinese people to those stories are equally/more disgusted than everyone else.

The park will be fine. The majority of HKDL's guests are from mainland China, and no, the cleaners aren't having to walk around with pooper scoopers.

Parks in China are also fine. They have toilets in them and everything. I've been to one or two now to know.

Yeah, the Chinese can be loud, obnoxious and EXTREMELY selfish. They'll happily put a camera right in front of your face during a show, for example, or push their way to the front to get a better view of something. They'll ignore signs for the most part. Having said that, actual queueing is less and less of a problem these days, especially in places like theme parks.

It will be crowded and stressful. The park won't be getting pulled to pieces, and you won't be stepping over piles of s**t.

Thank you Gavin, was coming in here to write a similar thing.

I really hate that they've gone for Burton Alice. I think it looks gross and out of place in a Disneyland Park.

And John, I swear to god you're the only person I know who thinks Paris is the best Disney Park XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top picks of the day:

Ch2ezNfW0AAxWhJ.jpg

Ch2fETwWwAAIFo8.jpg

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ED92live/status/728923495741132800[/tweet]

Ch2gK8xW0AED4oO.jpg

Ch15KomWwAAAu2V.jpg

Ch2uIQIW0AAHylc.jpg

Ch2hLa0WwAUQTha.jpg:large

Ch1uGX4XEAAEKqv.jpg

Ch2HOOYW0AAxoA8.jpg

Ch1t1imWwAAM2iJ.jpg:large

Look at all those people culturally s**tting all over the place.

I can't believe it's even real

Two differences from the usual parks:
Mickey Avenue instead of Main Street
Ch2VQxjVIAE71-M.jpg

And the Hunny Pot Spin instead of the Mad Tea Party
Ch3ZolPXEAEFPv5.jpg

Ooo I hadn't seen anything of the Pooh ride before. Looks nice.

There's been a huge flood of new images today seeing as it's now in previews for staff friends and families.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Apparently I'm the only one who is really really disappointed by the Tron coaster? Maybe Joey will agree with me for once, because the narrative of this thing (apart from 2 seconds approaching the brake run) is totally not Tron light bikes. :(

That orange bike at the end of the ride should be appearing pretty much all the time racing you. After all, the whole point of the bikes is a battle to the death!

Don't get me wrong, the lights and layout look really cool, but it has completely missed the point.

That wasn't a screen it was a mirror! I only noticed the second time round. The trains lights turn orange for a second and with the mirror it looks like the bikes are approaching/racing. Guests shouldn't notice that their bikes have changed colour because they are too busy looking at the mirror and the other stimuli. Also as the orange bikes are only racing few seconds no one would realise the bikes are mirroring actions of the coaster train. If they were racing for longer would be much more difficult with the mirror technique and the change of colour of the bikes would be noticeable to guests - "why are we on an orange bike all of a sudden". It's very clever and my one of my favourite things about the ride!

Yeah, the bit where the ride randomly turns orange for a couple of seconds all so you can see orange wheels in a mirror is turd too.

I'm talking about the bit from 1:19 to 1:22 where a screen shows you racing and then the orange bike crashes and explodes. Those couple of seconds are **** amazing and also a massive slap in the face from Disney. "Oh yeah, we totally did do this, but meh, cba for any more than 3 seconds. Lolz"

That bit was good too. Love how it curves under and around the track, but I couldn't really tell what was going on - the screen is a bit grainy (tbf that might be because its not a HQ pov), it goes too fast and it just looks like orange beam doing stuff next to the track for a couple of seconds.

It's a bit shorter than I thought it'd be and I don't like how going outside breaks up the flow.

But the special effects are **** amazing it looks really cool.