What's new

Six Flags New England |"Goliath"| Vekoma Giant Inverted Boom

Re: SFMM losing coaster, SFNE gaining said coaster

Ask Silverwood how their GIB works. From my knowledge no downtime really. It just means the mechanics have to know what they are doing, and I know Vekoma came in to Silverwood to help them, so maybe same thing would happen.

For the most part, SFMM got lucky with their GIB. And they've done a great job keeping it open. That's why when other SF parks were removing their's, SFMM got to keep it.

SFNE would be receiving a coaster that does actually work.

I don't get why they would send Deja Vu to SFNE when they have Flashback?

Supposedly Flashback will be on the way out, according to Lance from Screamscape. Flashback is a pretty old ride, so it might be time to give it the axe.

Antinos said:
Supposedly Flashback will be on the way out, according to Lance from Screamscape. Flashback is a pretty old ride, so it might be time to give it the axe.

And nothing of value was lost.

I dont understand. SFNE has a boomerang and an SLC. In a way, they already have Deja Vu. The last 2 coasters the park has installed have already not been small news. At this point, Id rather see nothing come to SFNE than more junk.

If SFMM really are going to lose Deja Vu then they'll need to replace it with a very compact ride...Eurofighter?

They don't NEED another coaster. Honestly if they went 7 years with no coaster and just added big flats, dark rides, possibly an Iron Horse on Colossus, they wouldn't miss a beat, it would make them a more complete park. Hell, even ten years and they would be fine. They have great coasters, but they need to round out the park, losing a coasters is fine, just don't drop 3 or 4 and replace them with a wild mouse in a box. *cough* SFGAm *cough*

Agreed. Dont forget SFGAdv, 3 (kinda 4) coasters lost and in comes a wild mouse in a box and a 13 year old stand up. SFNE need a few unique rides, not a pile of clones.

Yeah this is seeming pretty obvious that Deja Vu is going from SFMM to SFNE. I very much doubt vekoma is making them a new model.
As for SFMM, maybe they want to put a really good thrill ride back in that corner. I mean deja vu seems to be a great ride, but capacity probably wasnt so great and it had its fair share of problems.
This would be great for SFNE. Apart from Bizarro, the park is lacking in many ways

And the rumors about a mega-lite begin...

Wait SFMM is getting a mega-lite?

RE: SFMM losing coaster, SFNE gaining said coaster

The rumor is a long long long long long long long long long long LONG overdue drop tower. And knowing six flags it will be tallest in the world with some ridiculously large capacity per ride but they will only use about half the seats to kill capacity.

Sent from your mom's home

It'll almost certainly be replaced by a coaster, I can't imagine that they would give up the title after they just installed 2 new rides to get it.

Me hopes for intamin pre-fab that won't happen.

They have plenty of room for a new coaster, but they NEED about 40 new flats to even everything out.

Eurofighter. A Eurofighter would fit perfectly right there.

What about how it says it will be 267 feet tall? I mean, this could just be extra overhead room but that is so much taller than Deja Vu that I find it hard to believe they are the same. Anyone's thoughts?