What's new

Supposed new worlds first for Thorpe park

10 points to whoever can get their Twitter account to hint to a top spin. Or an Intamin Aquatrax. Or some twisted combination of both.

That person though, is very naughty indeed, and she (or maybe he?) knows it.
Sneaking that capital letter onto Wildfire there? That's naughty. Subtle, but still very naughty! Love it! :D
Very naughty, but I'm sure he/she giggles to himself/herself everytime he/she posts something like this as he/she knows ATI and other goons will jump all over it.

Could it be the announcement is going to be this Summer? What time of year did they announce SW8 at Alton? I assume an RMC takes about the same time to build as a GCI?

^What he said.
I think it's all a double bluff.
It's absolutely gonna be the announcement of a massive, Wildfire style RMC for 2019.
I'm calling it.

Well, technically the original message reads "this summer... we're dropping a new worlds first attraction" which could just mean they're closing Derren Brown's Ghost Train ;)

Well, technically the original message reads "this summer... we're dropping a new worlds first attraction" which could just mean they're closing Derren Brown's Ghost Train ;)

Now that's taking wishful thinking to a new level that is. The 600ft tall coaster is more likely.

Or they built something without a building permit, and now have to battle the municipality to not have to tear it down.

Could it be the announcement is going to be this Summer? What time of year did they announce SW8 at Alton? I assume an RMC takes about the same time to build as a GCI?
Technically SW8 has not been anounceed yet, only teased, very heavily should I say. Thrope's next Large investment is due 2020 and Merlin usally anounce rides in December/January.

Technically SW8 has not been anounceed yet, only teased, very heavily should I say. Thrope's next Large investment is due 2020 and Merlin usally anounce rides in December/January.
First news of SW8 was in March as far as news articles say, with plans being submitted a month later in April last year.
Going back to when Thorpe Park are due another investment, we could be looking at anywhere between 2 (if Merlin want to boost visitor count soon) to 5 years due to DBGT costing around £30mil, £10mil more than Thorpe's second biggest single investment to date. However, if the rumours of an RMC are true, it could cost less than many other rides at the park, meaning they may be able to produce it sooner due to the smaller investment required.

QONVIyz.gif

Thorpe's mystery keyboard warrior watching you lap it up.

Merlin tend to work on a low, low, medium, high investment strategy. This came to **** when The Smiler's accident threw everything out of kilt, but you're looking at at least 2020/2021 before another large investment is placed into Thorpe, from my observations.

The investment cycle from Merlin used to be low, medium, high (or medium, low, high... seemed to be different at each park). Thorpe is a great example, with Saw (high), Saw Alive (medium), Storm Surge (low), Swarm, X forwards and Mraws, Angry Birds, then with a high investment pencilled in for 2015.

But yeah, Smiler crash mucked Merlin over so plans changed. And now the 4 year cycle has been adopted, with Heide being the last to abolish the 3 year cycle plan.