What's new

Takabisha - Fuji Q - Eurofighter (Launched?)

^Which one, the youtube link?

Also, "we" on another forum have decided to call it a C-Roll....

^Naa, C-Roll sounds too much like a shortening of Cobra Roll. I know you could argue it is a shorted/adapted Cobra Roll, but the names shouldn't be that similar.

I'd be interested to know that the park/Gerstlauer call it.

I think we should call it the "Spite Roll", because it's spiting the normal Cobra Roll - Yes, this is not meant to be serious!

Hixee said:
^Naa, C-Roll sounds too much like a shortening of Cobra Roll. I know you could argue it is a shorted/adapted Cobra Roll, but the names shouldn't be that similar.

I'd be interested to know that the park/Gerstlauer call it.

It pretty much is a lazy half assed cobra roll, so the name C-Roll is a lazy half assed name ;) :lol: Plus it looks like a C from the side...

Not that it has great significance, but I do think c-roll is a good name. C-roll looks like an abbreviation for cobra-roll which is suitable since it's pretty much an unfinished cobra roll! Plus, as "Xpress" wrote, it actually looks like the letter C from the side :p

roomraider said:
holyfuji3.jpg

holyfuji4.jpg

Whats going on with those supports? =/

Heard about the earthquakes in Japan? Well they have to build with this in mind. Thats whats been said everywhere else anyway.

Back when coastersims existed, I did a launched invert with a similar element to this.....Except it was more a Quarter loop, then a half corkscrew positioned straight after the quarter loop. (So if you imagine a half corkscrew rotated into this position, the top of it would be sideways, and then of course the exit of the element was the same in reverse.

I think I called it a wave roll, since it looked like a big wave curling over.

I thought it looked more like a shoehorn and called it that, haha.
I really like this name actually. It's short and punchy...Doesn't have the pointless "Roll" word at the end.
Can we call it this please :p

Gazza said:
Back when coastersims existed, I did a launched invert with a similar element to this.....Except it was more a Quarter loop, then a half corkscrew positioned straight after the quarter loop. (So if you imagine a half corkscrew rotated into this position, the top of it would be sideways, and then of course the exit of the element was the same in reverse.

I think I called it a wave roll, since it looked like a big wave curling over.

I thought it looked more like a shoehorn and called it that, haha.
I really like this name actually. It's short and punchy...Doesn't have the pointless "Roll" word at the end.
Can we call it this please :p

Shoehorn is kinda catchy...

But, I know that element has been done plenty of times in the past, so perhaps Gerstlauer got the idea from the NL crowd?

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/230/shoehorn.jpg

HOLY CRAP!!!! :shock:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7nVX_OdyAM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-zngLYp_LQ[/youtube]

Could they go for the inversion record for real this time since their last attempt got screwed. I can at least count 7-8 inversions so far...