What's new

Talking Mickey

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
Quite surprised (again) this has not been mentioned!!! Kind of cool and creey in same measures ( what happens when it breaks down?!?!?)

Some lucky Disneyland park guests experienced a very special meet and greet with Mickey Mouse this week.

Mickey, who usually saves his voice for shows and parades, talked with guests and interacted with them in never-before-seen ways! This was part of a process we call “playtesting” as it gives us a chance to develop new concepts with our guests long before they end up in the Parks. “We’re always looking for innovative ways to let guests interact with our beloved characters,” says Disney Imagineer and head of Advanced Development Scott Trowbridge. “And we have many more surprises up our sleeves.”
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/05/mickey-mouse-testing-one-two-three-testing/

and here is where i got this from (also includes video of the talking mickey.
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=890854#p890854

It does look awesome...

Here's hoping they put it on the other characters because it would literally bring them all to life that little bit more...

I want talking Timon!

^im not that 100% on the ins and out myself, but to my knowledge its a software programme that is used with voice controls so when the actor talks the software chnages the voice to the character, but also looking through the TPR thread, someone did say this had a patent as far back as 1994

^and more work for the bored, minimum-wage teenagers inside them.

But yeah, even though I've never seen the attraction with Mickey Mouse, I suppose it is quite cool.

I personally think it's amazing, when talking mickey was introduced in the shows I overheard kids saying things like "That's the real mickey, mummy!", giving the impression that he/she knew and fully understood that the other ones weren't "real" mickeys. However, surely if they introduce this with mickey kids are going to feel this way towards every other character which isn't talking, and I highly doubt Disney will make these types of costumes for every single character. But, then again, they could surprise me.

I was slightly worried when I first saw this that it wasn't really going to work very well. I had this feeling that it wouldn't feel like Mickey talking and sort of ruin it. However I think it works really well. The talking seems natural and works very well with the costume etc. It's probably just a lot of practice, but it's definitely time well spent.