What's new

The sorry state of X:\ No Way Out

No official name change, just another small thing not looked after, its a shame really XNWO is a good little coaster, certainly something a little different, but it has sort have been of victim of Thorpes success? 10 years ago X was probably the best ride there, now its overshadowed by the big 4 soon to be 5.
All it needs is a bit of old fashioned love, but i think that unfortunately its doomed to go the same way as the black hole. I think X would be a great fit at Chessington, but that wont happen, time will tell i quess for this quirky little ride.

This is what Six Flags does to all of their rides. That is why I thought it was a bad idea to retheme Medusa and SRoS. All that new stuff would eventually just be shut off, fall apart, and look like crap. Then, that terrible new paint scheme will fade, badly.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1ucVkrC6t8[/youtube]

It wouldn't be THAT hard to add extensive themeing and make it a properly good ride. I'm not saying it has to be as good as Space Fantasy but even just the system of Stars they have there is better than nothing

As loads of people have already said, X would be brilliant in a family park but it's pretty rubbish at Thorpe. The same I think goes to Storm Surge. If it had stayed at Cypress gardens, it would amazing for a Legoland, but at thorpe, compared to the rest of the rides, it's pretty rubbish.

^Agreed-theming would make it sooo much better.

Perhaps they might just remove the coaster and replace it with another (better) backwards coaster (without brake runs) and then add theming.

Even if it was a short ride it would still be great.

Re:

marc said:
For a coaster that everyone seems to slates it had by far the most topics of any coaster :)

It's a Thorpe Park ride, so of course it'll be popular...

Not been on X:\ No Way Out for a very very long time, I loved it when I rode it. The mid-course break runs were the best bit. There were helicopter sounds and then the wind and water sprays in your face to add to it while getting jolted around!

Rode it for the first time the other month with Jerry.

It. Was. ****. ****.

So pointless.

The ride is pointless, silly and in desperate need of removal.

IT'S FABBBBB. I do secretly love the thing, although something much better could go in it's place. It takes up quite a chunk of room! I'd love to see a Thirteen ride go in there or something similar.