What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

I expect that part to be rotated like the plans. It wouldn't be too much effort to sort out. It doesn't look complete yet, in terms of painting and doing the worn effects. Maybe it's easily to work on at this angle.

It is in the correct location though judging from the plans.

I wonder if they'll fill it with broken seats and stuff seeing as most of the inside will be exposed.

Tbh I am just happy to see the plane there and they seem to be sticking to the idea.

So do we have two planes being constructed? I can't tell if it's two seperate planes or if one part is going to be moved to form two parts of one plane.

Crazycoaster said:
^ Two parts of the same.

Sounds about right. The current themeing looks akin to something a newbie would knock up in RCT3. I'm hoping it takes some shape soon.

^ I would say the theming will be pretty nice. But I mean you can't have too much as everything has been destroyed by the apocalypse, right? But the station will probably be epic in my opinion.

Inverse said:
marc said:
Yes I hope they move the plane seems a bit point less under the lift hill and hill before the zero G.

Looking at the plans that is the right place for the tail of the plane, but it should be turned 90 degrees. The plane wing will be built over the first drop going away from the camera... I'm not sure how much they can stray from the submitted plans.
Judging by past examples, they can stray a long, long way with theming. But I don't understand how, and perhaps given this theming is relevant to ride envelopes it cannot be?

I too, for some reason, thought the wing was coming this way. Was it like that in plans or did I just make it up? Because, thinking about it, it would be far more logical for it to go the other way or else it would block the view of the first drop from the island, which would surely be daft?

Judging by past examples, they can stray a long, long way with theming

Can you give an example?

Saw followed the plans, Thirteen followed the plans, heck even Stealth followed it's revised plans (which were even visible online!) after the original ones were scrapped.

I'd say the only major difference was Krake's mouth, which they admit was a mistake which will be corrected.

I think everyone should give Merlin abit more credit. I never understood this "they don't follow the plans", of course they fricken do! That's what they're there for. To be followed exactly! it's not concept art.

^ I think he is refering to the whole Stealth queueline stand, but thats sort of irrelevant anyway because that was a Tussauds descision, not a Merlin one.

Stealth's plans were resubmitted with a revised queue-line. Which is the one we see today.

Everyone seems to forget that bit.

I didn't realise Stealth's were re-submitted actually... And I'm sure there is always bits and pieces either changed or not there at all. Maybe I'm wrong and imagining the plans to be more epic than they are? Haha. I wasn't talking down though Bob.

Tbh I'm guilty of looking and the plans and thinking they're this epic thing. Infact I assumed we were getting a fully fledged aircraft under the drop.

When I re-assessed the plans I realised we're only getting the part that's there, the wing and that back end. I do think it'll look good though. It's nice when they add something though and you think "that's not in the plans" but when you look closely... it was there all along <3.

^ Absolutely. I don't really like the idea of just plonking old vehicles in ride areas to pass off as theming, as has been done with:

Tidal Wave
Katanga Canyon
Stealth
SAW - The Ride
Storm Surge

Nemesis's bus is an exception, as it's so well-themed.

I really hope the ride is built to plan, with the helicopter, rickety jetty, and such.

I know this is abit off topic but why havn't B&M got the wingrider on their website yet. It has been almost a year since the first one opened.

The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

TP Rich said:
^ Absolutely. I don't really like the idea of just plonking old vehicles in ride areas to pass off as theming, as has been done with:

Tidal Wave
Katanga Canyon
Stealth
SAW - The Ride
Storm Surge

Nemesis's bus is an exception, as it's so well-themed.

I really hope the ride is built to plan, with the helicopter, rickety jetty, and such.

I wouldn't really say that nemesis bus is any better than the others, they're all suitable for their relevant areas I think, so I'm looking forward to seeing fire engines and tanks etc around swarm!

Yay for boosting our hopes of something that was part of the plans submitted to and approved by the local council!

jokerserious.jpg

It's a shame they've removed the tank rather then getting rid of the "War is coming" on the side and used it as addition themeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.