What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

I assume that means the chopper as you exit from the first drop under the plane wing and then upwards towards the zero g element?

I love the supports around the track on the in-line twist. The effect worked well on Raptor. That coupled with the church building chopper elements, it should be a good section.

The more chopper elements there are, the more interaction there is and therefore a better experience. Especially since this is themed to be a ride through the devastation just moments after it happens or even as it happens rather then a ride through something that happened some time ago etc.

Nah I don't think you need them on the plans, I just thought it was a fact it was getting a splashdown, so assumed that's where I heard it.

Actually if you look on the plans the two pools of water below the lowest parts of the ride (after the inclined loop and before the final inversion) they're labelled as "controlled pond associated with ride" and are coloured in a darker blue. I know this isn't explicitly saying there is a splash. But if you consider that there's a splash in the concept art and Raptor has two splashes, I think it's safe to say Swarm will have them too.

2012siteplancontrolled.jpg

2012siteplancontrolled2.jpg

Oh I never noticed that before. And it means both the left and right side of the trains get a splash :D

^ Indeed. From what I remember it did that on Raptor. One side got it one area, the other in another lol...

Well spotted though Bob_3. I totally missed that when I looked at the plans!

Good to see the two splashes should be a really good effect.

Just out of interest does the corkscrew (is it a corkscrew?) go through the inclined loop? Looks like it does on the plan.

Also wonder why they went for an inclined loop over a normal vertical loop, wonder if it would be too forceful on a wingrider?

I already don't like that queue. Otherwise, should be pretty cool with the splashes.

I'm guessing because there wouldn't have been enough height. And also it is easier to fit a 'Wingover Hybrid' thing through one. In my opinion, I prefer the inclined loop rather than a vertical loop. I think if there was another inversion, it would feel just like colossus (Too many inversions crammed into the layout). If it did have a vertical loop, it would simply be one inversion after the next! :D Which sucks :(

Yeah the corkscrew does go through the inclined loop, you can see it in the elevations.

Also I'd imagine the reason for an inclined loop instead of a normal one would be the same reason we don't see loops on Dive Machines, it's clearance. the entrance and exit would be so far apart it would almost be a corkscrew.

Wouldn't a vertical loop be the same on each side of the train, whereas an inclined loop would give a different ride experiance for each side?

Mysterious Sue said:
Wouldn't a vertical loop be the same on each side of the train, whereas an inclined loop would give a different ride experiance for each side?

Never thought of that either.

What chopper?? There's one on the in-line twist but I can't see one on the Zero G :/

I assume that means the chopper as you exit from the first drop under the plane wing and then upwards towards the zero g element?

Sorry, I should have mentioned it really, but I was actually on about the Raptor POV.

Martyn B said:
What chopper?? There's one on the in-line twist but I can't see one on the Zero G :/

Sorry, I should have mentioned it really, but I was actually on about the Raptor POV.

Oh ok, never mind :D

Not that it matters a great deal but I just thought I would add that there are 3 splashes on Raptor and not 2 :)

^If you can't find any sites with some recent pics, wait until next week. Some should pop up soon. I'm going next friday with some friends, hopefully, so i should get some pics.

So should I repeat the question that has been repeated numerous times on this forum. The question we all know the answer to and even if the answer was true, we would know by now??

"Are the seat going to spin like a 4D Coaster??" :p

^ Yep! It's also going to launch backwards IN THE DARK!!!1

Status
Not open for further replies.