What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

nadroJ said:
^The thing is, Joey, I don't check this topic every day exactly (as I'm sure a lot of people don't) and it's bloody annoying to wade through pages of crap to try and decipher what exactly is happening.

And worse still, imagine someone has just stumbled onto CF just to try and find some information on the construction of this ride, and they're faced with this topic? Nobody is going to go through 100+ pages of empty, irrelevant and poorly spelled posts to try and figure out what's going on.

I agree having a chat is harmless but it is getting a bit tedious when it is stuff that could be taken into an MSN conversation. I appreciate the excitement as well as the next coaster enthusiast but there comes a point when it's detrimental to the topic rather than adding anything to discussion.

http://www.coasterforce.com/world-p...n-england/thorpe-park/under-construction-lc12

and fine, i dont mind lowering the convo's we have when we just make predictions about this ride :--D

2012septtrack.jpg

Image from Totalthorpepark.

in the background im pretty sure thats the start of the chainlift and the top of the chain lift.. :)

swarm.png

and some nice picks on that website :D :lol:

Do any of you peeps know why there is a concrete thing in the middle of the island, not the station. I don't recall any buildings, to be built in the middle, or any sort of theming.

the king said:
Do any of you peeps know why there is a concrete thing in the middle of the island, not the station. I don't recall any buildings, to be built in the middle, or any sort of theming.

sure its not to do with the broken church? the chapel is alot bigger than you may think
correct me if im wrong :)

swarmmmm.png

The red building already constructed isn't the station, it's the maintenance shed.

The only large portion of concrete I can see is where the station will be.

yah, i knoww :)

just wondering, i havnt seen raptor, but to get to the left seats, do you walk straight through the train? like furious baco?..

I've not been on Raptor but judging from pictures and videos I think the train is loaded like two seprate 14 seated trains.

Raptor has a bridge over the track. As you can see in this photo, there's so way to cross the track when you're actually on the platform.

raptor67s.jpg

Something I've noticed actually about The Swarm's station, is that it'll be open with no roof. Don't know why I assumed otherwise.

ahh, cool beans then :)

and really? :L i didnt know either, perhaps it adds more feeling to you being in a collasped church.. i dant know :roll:

^^Does it really make any difference? It can still have a bridge over the track?
Yes it does load like that and it's sooo efficient!

If it can't have a bridge over then why not under?

^ Yes, it coudl have a bridge under if needs be, but looking at the station foundations etc, there's no tunnel, so a bridge is the only option.
bob_3_ said:
I've not been on Raptor but judging from pictures and videos I think the train is loaded like two seprate 14 seated trains.

Raptor has a bridge over the track. As you can see in this photo, there's so way to cross the track when you're actually on the platform.

raptor67s.jpg
I do hope that Thorpe give riders the opportunity to decide which side they want to sit on.

It annoyed me at Gardaland that I was batched on the left (as you look at the train) for every ride. I really wanted to try the right side.

And now follows a three page debate about batching, queue-line options and the like.

^You can quite easily get the right side (which I think is better), or at least you could when I was there...
Did they marshall it when you went there? It was a free for all when I was there!

Raptor is great.I have no doubt that swarm will be as good if not better...

We did ask to sit on the other side on our 2nd go and they said no, we tried again on our third go and they said no.

That's wierd...I went there about 4 weeks after you guys went and you could decide which side you went on...They didn't even do that when the park was heaving with guests!

We were never forced to a certain side on Raptor, just get through whatever turnstile you want. Worked perfectly fine, but we did called forward by some riders that didn't want to get in the front so we did. I mean it was just get the row you want... WTF!!

As Ian and Marc said, on our 2nd and 3rd rides, we were forced to go on a certain side. However, to be fair, we did have fast track tickets. I believe that, in the morning when we queued up and rode normally, we had a free choice of which side to sit. It was just unfortunate that for Ian and I we'd chosen the same side that we were then forced onto on our subsequent 2 rides meaning we never got to experience the other side.

Nic you are correct in the morning we did have a choice and I think the group split up, some went to the right and some to the left.

So is there a bridge going over the station?
This topic confuses me...

Status
Not open for further replies.