What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Why are the pictures on the website taking so long to load for me?
Anyway, It's nice to see that a lot of progress has been made, although i'm wondering what the site means by "The staff need to learn how to use it". Surely it's MOSTLY the same to operate as any other coasters at Thorpe. Interesting though that it will be finished and running by February.

So looks like most of the footers are now ready for supports by the looks.
EDIT: That update also confirms that track is in for the station.

^^ well, all of them look like their ready by the looks, (guy of t.p.g said)

would be pretty amazed to see the ride up and running in mid jan.. suppose they'll do all the theming last.

and nice pictures :)

also the track and supports are stacked up right at the back aswell as the front. must have a shortage of room ;)

DSCN0302.JPG

ry1996 said:
So looks like most of the footers are now ready for supports by the looks.
EDIT: That update also confirms that track is in for the station.

It still looks unfinished, some of the footers are still rebar holes. Those pictures are awful and only show a small section of a large site. Probably first week of October we'll see something good construction progress, as it'll be good advertising for the park, much like Saw, which I believe only went up during October.

Only thing i'm concerned about is that, the pit for the beginning of the lift hill, doesn't look ready yet to recieve the track piece. Without that, track construction stays at the station, unless they decide to build it backwards towards the brake runs.

^ Yeah, i'm not sure now either. It still does not look ready for supports or more track yet, They could do the brake run 1st though, Canada's wonderland have done this with leviathan.

^ And so did Parc Asterix with their Montu this year

jordypordy11 said:
.. time will tell :roll:

Well yes, this much is obvious. :roll:

Seriously guys, please try and make sure that if you are going to reply it is actually adding something to the discussion rather than just nodding in agreement. This goes for everyone.

Edit - Deleted the following posts - read what Mark said, spamming a topic saying "I love how the topics get spammed" is stupid - Furie

The amount of track on site is a happy site for me to see.

I'm not going to make comments on when it'll be ready because i don't know [and don't care all too much!]

But All that track <3

Does anyone know if Thorpe have done anything more in terms of promotion? [I don't really follow promo atm]

^Nothing new on swarm.co.uk...

Talking about the section of track, will swarm have a switch track? Raptor seems like it doesn't...

^^ and before the station there's a switch/transfer track for the maintenance area, if you mean it in that perspective?

don't tell me people are getting so bored, there starting to tell people not to comment on a forum.. oh dear!
forum's are all about commenting, doesnt take a retard to figure that out.

but yah that track stacked up is pretty smexi.

^Yes, before the station. I looked for one whilst on raptor and couldn't find one...

I was in Thorpe today, and although there's nothing obvious happening (well, it has only been like a day since the last photo but hey). From Tidal Wave I could see the station track and it looked as if the end of the track starts to curve up. I never managed to get a picture (as it would've got soaked). But I thought I'd mention it.

It appears that they are building it backwards then, up to the brake run. Anyway, great news, thanks for saying.

They don't have to start building it from the station at all though; it's not Roller Coaster Tycoon.

gavin said:
They don't have to start building it from the station at all though; it's not Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Precisely my thinking. I mean look at Leviathon, they've started from half-way up the break-run.

With Saw didn't they start with the MCBR halfway through the indoor section?

When i did some picture research yesterday, i realized that the start of supports going up was dated September 19th, Stealth was topped off in September meaning clearly, they are behind schedule.
Well yeah i do believe they have started to go backwards 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.