What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

That's a pretty tall station they have up there.
Can't wait until track and supports go up should be very soon maybe next week.
Also did Ian go to the park today ?

Is this station higher than saw's warehouse? Looks great hope they pull it of and create the 21st century nemesis

So now, according to the plans, there should be another structure of the same height next to the station building which the in-line twist will run through.

^???

Sarus_Crane_%28Grus_antigone%29_at_Sultanpur_I_Picture_151.jpg

Well at least it is starting to resemble a Church!!

WOW, that's a pretty amazing looking station.
Work is coming along pretty fast now.

Thanks for posting that, it is the start of the lift hill, no other part tilts up like that.
It cant be the break run as it's facing the wrong way to be, so it must be the hill.

^The pic that total thorpe park uploaded of the track, shows the beginning of the lift. It tilts up more than that one, on the station foundations, and also, there is still a big hole where the beginning of the lift hill should go into.
2012pttrack.jpg

Swarm02101105.jpg

Compare the two.

I DIDN'T TAKE THESE PICS BY THE WAY.

^The pic that total thorpe park uploaded of the track, shows the beginning of the lift. It tilts up more than that one, on the station foundations, and also, there is still a big hole where the beginning of the lift hill should go into.

it definatly angles up abit, thats strange :L
have to keep an eye on that :p

and nice pictures =]

Some of the statements on themeuk.net are stupid.

Does seem to be running behind, however station track is now in place

Why do they think it's running behind? Are they project management? Do they have the construction schedule, doubt it.

a rather large station building also now being
constructed, not sure why its so big...

As if they're surprised at the scale, or that Thorpe Park changed their plans. It only takes a few seconds to look back at the plans and realize the scale of the thing is exactly what we knew all along. *sigh*

I think it's sometimes hard to comprehend what something will look like in real life, I for one am impressed with the progress so far and glad we have an idea of what the station will be like in real life! 'citing stuff.

if this isnt the chain lift section of the track, then whats the thing ive highlighted in this picture: ? :S?

in the middle of the track:

swrm.png

^ That is the lift hill beginning imo, It looks like the pic has just been took at a different angle making the track seem different.

That section you highlighted, is the beginning of the teeth, for the lift hill, not the lift hill it self.

I have no idea, and this is just a punt, but could that be from the brake run, and the piece highlighted is the start of the lift and is going to go from the other end of the station? I have no idea about the location from which that picture of the station was taken though. Just trying to find an explanation.

Other option is that the piece highlighted isn't the start of the lift, but then it looks awfully like the starts of many other lifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.