What's new

Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

Re: Universal IOA to close Hulk for new enhancements

Ethan said:
I really can't see them making the Hulk yellow. The character is green after all it just wouldn't make sense.
Exactly.
The ride is so iconic, it's probably the most recognised ride in the world, I can't see them changing the colour at all. Yellow doesn't even make sense for a ride themed to The Hulk.

The most recognised ride in the world?

Bollocks.

Intricks said:
Ayy Lmao said:
Actually think about it, when has the colour yellow ever had anything to do with The Hulk? It hasn't.
The ride will not be changing colours.
1. You don't know that last part.
2. The colocolor white doesn't have anything to do with the hulk. And guess what color the supports are.

1) You dont have evidence backing up a color change either, so its an empty statement.
2) The white, while being more or less just a generic support color, could represent the humanity/pure part of Bruce Banner.

If they were to change the colors, while keeping in current course with the Hulk, they could go for Grey or Red if possible :3
1. Touche
2. I'm pretty sure Bruce still has his humanity, but I could be wrong as I haven't read a hulk comic in a while. All I know is hulk can be OP as ****. Also the white can represent his lab coat.

^Firstly, how'd you get past the swear filter?

Second, maybe they're retheming the coaster to someone like Wolverine?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

jay37415 said:
Hyde said:
Or maybe the yellow track is another B&M coaster?

B&M has 4 new coasters announced for 2016.

Mako - Blueish/ Purple Track

Valraven - Orange track

Un-named wing Coaster - Red Track

Flying dinosaur - Green track

So unless there is an Unannounced Coaster out there or they are starting on something for 2017, I say its plausable the yellow track is for the New Hulk.
Although what park will get it? Maybe one of the 4 coasters change their color scheme in the middle of the ride.
Could fun spot Orlando be getting it? Probably not, but fun spot said they'd be getting a coaster taller than the 2 major coasters they have, but shorter than both. Maybe B&M could be making they're own version of the sky rocket 2 model.

jay37415 said:
Hyde said:
Or maybe the yellow track is another B&M coaster?

B&M has 4 new coasters announced for 2016.

Mako - Blueish/ Purple Track

Valraven - Orange track

Un-named wing Coaster - Red Track

Flying dinosaur - Green track

So unless there is an Unannounced Coaster out there or they are starting on something for 2017, I say its plausable the yellow track is for the New Hulk.
Although what park will get it? Maybe one of the 4 coasters change their color scheme in the middle of the ride.
Could fun spot Orlando be getting it? Probably not, but fun spot said they'd be getting a coaster taller than the 2 major coasters they have, but shorter than both. Maybe B&M could be making they're own version of the sky rocket 2 model.

GuyWithAStick said:
^Firstly, how'd you get past the swear filter?

Second, maybe they're retheming the coaster to someone like Wolverine?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk
1. I italicized one of the letters. It's a old trick I learned on another forum that had a swear censor.
2. Maybe. But that would be a shame as I find the hulk cooler than wolverine.

Ayy Lmao said:
Intricks said:
Ayy Lmao said:
1. You don't know that last part.
2. The colocolor white doesn't have anything to do with the hulk. And guess what color the supports are.

1) You dont have evidence backing up a color change either, so its an empty statement.
2) The white, while being more or less just a generic support color, could represent the humanity/pure part of Bruce Banner.

If they were to change the colors, while keeping in current course with the Hulk, they could go for Grey or Red if possible :3
1. Touche
2. I'm pretty sure Bruce still has his humanity, but I could be wrong as I haven't read a hulk comic in a while. All I know is hulk can be OP as ****. Also the white can represent his lab coat.

Bruce is his humanity. One of the continued story arcs involve him losing the inner war with the Hulks "persona" and basically becomming a raging smash monster. They resolve it by he becomes lord/God of an entire planet full of animals and "Bruce" comes back to the front while still in Hulk mode - which basically meant he finally completed the mutation.

Tl;dr - The white supports, for story sake as the ride is basically him transforming into and out of the Hulk, represent his humanity/Bruce.

You make a point.
And the roar is well the hulk's roar.
There is the tiny possibility that the ride may be themed to wolverine.

It's staying hulk and not changing colors.

This conversation is dumb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

tomahawk said:

Notice how I said tiny. When I say tiny I mean it's most likely not going to happen, but there's a possibility.

Ayy Lmao said:
tomahawk said:

Notice how I said tiny. When I say tiny I mean it's most likely not going to happen, but there's a possibility.

You've got to think what Universal has the rights to - I don't think they have the rights to Wolverine, so they'd probably have to get permission and come up with a deal (isn't that what they had to do to keep the marvel themed stuff?)

Parks can't just theme their rides to whatever they want sometimes, they have to get deals an permission etc.

TommyAlex said:
Ayy Lmao said:
tomahawk said:

You've got to think what Universal has the rights to - I don't think they have the rights to Wolverine, so they'd probably have to get permission and come up with a deal (isn't that what they had to do to keep the marvel themed stuff?)

Parks can't just theme their rides to whatever they want sometimes, they have to get deals an permission etc.
You do realize, I realize that?

I haven't seen anyone else mention this and it might be stupid but could the yellow be an undercoat before the final colour is put on? I know we've seen that before.

I'm convinced it's staying Hulk Btw. Universal have some posters saying he's returning next year. They wouldn't word it like that if they changed character.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

peep said:
I haven't seen anyone else mention this and it might be stupid but could the yellow be an undercoat before the final colour is put on? I know we've seen that before.

I'm convinced it's staying Hulk Btw. Universal have some posters saying he's returning next year. They wouldn't word it like that if they changed character.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
That is also a possibility.

What I'd love to see is a two-tone track like Fury and Valravn with Green as the top color and lime green as the bottom.

Pretty much. I feel giving the ride a slightly brighter color scheme will make it look more attractive and new than just replacing the track.