What's new

Vekoma testing something new ? (at their testing facility)

Thanks for the continued updates! Is this definitely a new coaster concept/test build? Or could it just be storage for coaster parts for a new normal coaster before it is shipped somewhere?

Thanks for the continued updates! Is this definitely a new coaster concept/test build? Or could it just be storage for coaster parts for a new normal coaster before it is shipped somewhere?
These are supports waiting for beeing assembled as a test build.

That certainly looks like it could be interesting; I want to say it looks like it could be to support a tilt section but why would Vekoma need to build one for testing given that they've already built Gravity Max?

That certainly looks like it could be interesting; I want to say it looks like it could be to support a tilt section but why would Vekoma need to build one for testing given that they've already built Gravity Max?
My first thought was "that's for a tilt coaster" too.

I suppose possibly their track/train technology has moved on a long way since Gravity Max (2002!), so perhaps they want to re-prove the concept to themselves.

My first thought was "that's for a tilt coaster" too.

I suppose possibly their track/train technology has moved on a long way since Gravity Max (2002!), so perhaps they want to re-prove the concept to themselves.
Makes sense, because weren't they planning on making one that drops beyond 90° or am I talking rubbish?

Well, the support structure goes beyond 90 degrees so that appears to check out.
That's one of the reasons why I mentioned it. 🤣

Still though, I'm sure it's gonna be more than just a regular 90° drop like what we've seen before, there was definitely concept art somewhere for one going to Six Flags Qiddiya that had a twisted drop if someone could be bothered to find it.

Might not have a twisted drop if this leaked image is real. Concept art after all.
Don't be entirely sure. This is not gonna be a spiral twisted drop, all right, but it looks to be twisting a full 90 degrees, similar to DC Rivals.
Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 11.55.51 AM.png
In fact, just to attempt to back up the possible legitimacy of this "leak", I uncovered a few split seconds of conceptual animation regarding their tilt coaster during last year's Blooloop V Expo, and while I only have the three screenshots, the one below seems to indeed show a 90-degree twist in the drop, albeit in the opposite direction.
s242zyqla5t51.png

I can say for certain that the orange one in the video does not have a twist in the drop because I've watched the video that screen cap is from. However I have no way to confirm the legitimacy of the video other than it has a big Vekoma logo in it.

I guess as is usually the case with these things the ride has gone through multiple layouts on the way to the final design. If someone showed you a pic of the original helix design you'd be hard pressed to ever imagine it ends up as the current Helix design.