What's new

Walibi Belgium | Pulsar | Mack Power Splash

Construction continues!

70xuo4.jpg

2edxmqe.jpg

2vkcokp.jpg

Pictures by ParkFan

^

Yeah, the video is misleading as to how it'll work. - It'll launch back and forth using LSM.

They also put up this time-lapse video which shows that quite a lot of progress has been made now:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ldFRbmvJ8A[/youtube]

The music in the promotional video is the official soundtrack for Pulsar, by the way.

It has also been told to Looopings.nl that the ride will get a background story, about a mysterious machine which collects all the lost energy from all over the world. To prevent an eruption from all this energy, it must be activated once and a while.

Theming from Pulsar would have been done by Jora Vision, but the Dutch company went bankrupt last week. The park however, said that there is a plan B and they will open the ride in May 2016 whatsoever, with or without theming.

Another video from Pulsar, in which you can clearly see the launch!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhHHsKwHU4U[/youtube]

I'm curious as to how it travels backwards through the splashdown. They're not showing it making a splash in the animation (I feel like they would as it would be another selling point), so how is that going to work?

^ I think it's somewhere on this forum that that was discussed too.

I think that's why the train seems to temporarily pause at the apex, maybe to give a bit of extra time for the water to fill up/drain?

Oh, I must have missed that (not that I went looking specifically).

Interesting... I'm looking forward to seeing that in action - it sounds complicated. :lol:

^ Especially when you could in essence create a simpler model than having the rise and lower the tidal pool - just install water jets to create the effect of a splashdown, that turn off during the backward section.

A la:

4631089160_8b9ae4e51c_z.jpg

This whole ride just seems so pointless, terrible capacity, it's so ugly and doesn't look all that thrilling.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I don't remember anyone else pointing this out yet but it looks like it's able to load a boat while another boat is launching? That will sort of help with capacity issues.

a66b6c0c-a273-11e5-bdb0-662547771eba_web_scale_0.1992032_0.1992032__.jpg

a60a59bc-a273-11e5-bdb0-662547771eba_web_scale_0.1988072_0.1988072__.jpg

^ Load the trains backwards, which rotate 180 degrees to face correctly on the course. :wink:

Have one train loading, while the other is running the course. Think Mr. Freeze dual loading station.

Oh, wait, I just figured it out. The turn table would have 2 straight sections with (holding) brakes on them, and each train can fit on one section. I thought it'd be a curved section of track that rotates(ala B&M dual station 'fork' pieces).

This and Lost Gravity are seriously confusing me. Why must Walibi make things so confusing?