What's new

Walibi World/Holland losing a coaster

They could easily wipe the floor with both parks if they put in just the smallest amount of effort. Which begs the further question...... Why don't they do that?

Well they're going to do something next year. Let's hope it's the well needed revamp then! I'm still interested in going though. I don't think i can be that bad, at least they have a world class coaster :p

andrus said:
Well they're going to do something next year. Let's hope it's the well needed revamp then! I'm still interested in going though. I don't think i can be that bad, at least they have a world class coaster :p

That's just It. That is all they have. One world class coaster, backed up by a plethora of average rides with even less average theming, shoddy standards all round and everything generally looking a bit drab. It's direeeee, seriously I'd wait until they've potentially done it up before ever venturing back.

nadroJ said:
That's just It. That is all they have. One world class coaster, backed up by a plethora of average rides with even less average theming, shoddy standards all round and everything generally looking a bit drab. It's direeeee, seriously I'd wait until they've potentially done it up before ever venturing back.

You are right there. They have Goliath, and that's all they have. They just miss this kind of touch to make it a good park. And Efteling has that touch. It's a park that is interesting for everyone. Fairy-tales for the kids, a huge amount of familyrides and some great thrillrides. And all of those rides are in a great theme that does interest people.

Walibi World was known as a thrillpark by many Dutch people because of the huge radio and TV ads Six Flags used back in 2000. The park was promoted as the Rollercoaster Capital of Europe. And suddenly, 5 years later, they promoted theirselve as a familypark, while Dutch people still saw the park as thrillpark. Adding a playground and a Splash Battle doesn't help with that. Removing thrillrides over the past 5 years either.

And that great ride known as Goliath? For fans it's a lovely ride, but for the 'normal' visitors of the park it ain't at all, since they all prefer El Condor. The only ride in the park that has the biggest and longest queue's!

^El Condor has longer queues...?

... Really?

It was walk-on this summer, Goliath was not.

And maybe that has more to do with the crappy capacity of that SLC compared to the Intamin?

Yeah, there was as many people queueing for each ride when we went this summer, but it took longer for that UPSETTING contraption than it did for the airtime filled JOYGASM.

And let's not forget WW's other three bundles of joy.... The Dodgems, The Bolognaise & The Exit!

Ben said:
^El Condor has longer queues...?

... Really?

I don't visit Walibi World on a weekly date, because it's to far away and I just can't take more than one visit per year to that park, but it has been said by many Dutch enthusiasts. The main group of people that visit Walibi World are teenagers. El Condor does look alot better to them beause of the cars hanging under the track and the many inversions. Goliath might look pretty high, teens see this coaster as a familycoaster because it has no inversions.

Besides, number of visitors of Walibi World are mostly pretty crappy. But I guess it is just a Walibi thing: the Dutch and Belgian Walibi parks have a massive potential. All they both need is an eyecatcher...but if the French refuse to invest in a new ride...it will be nothing!

Um.... Have we been ignoring Walygator and Asterix's new B&M Inverts in Benelux then?

And that's before we even GET to Disney! :p

^ I think he was on about CdA, the French owners of Walibi World/Belgium.

Not that actual french in general....lol