What's new

What was your first coaster to feature a launch?

Batman and Robin the Chiller at SF Great Adventure.
1998, I was 10 years old and that was one of the first 10 coasters I've ever been on. That was my first time at a big park, before hand was just the Jet Star and that looping coaster at Seaside Heights. My parents kinda threw me right into this hobby :)

Fun ride btw especially later on when lines were near nothing and they went to lap bars

Batman and Robin the Chiller at SF Great Adventure.
1998, I was 10 years old and that was one of the first 10 coasters I've ever been on. That was my first time at a big park, before hand was just the Jet Star and that looping coaster at Seaside Heights. My parents kinda threw me right into this hobby :)

Fun ride btw especially later on when lines were near nothing and they went to lap bars
I remember the launch on The Chiller felt pretty intense, too!

Yet another to Rock n Roller Coaster, but I was too young to actively enjoy it. The first one I really did experience was Motocoaster at Darien Lake, and after that was Stormrunner.

Rita at Alton! Remember loving the thing when I first came off it in September 2013 (I actually thought it was Alton's best at the time!) but then I slowly went off it as it gradually got rougher to the point where it is now my 2nd least favourite coaster... the launch is still quite good, though.

Juvelen @ Djurs Sommerland; this ride was buttery smooth, but the lab bar literally killed your legs during the banked turns. Also, it provided little to no airtime, so you can’t really say, that I was a huge fan (heh).
It was enjoyable enough for me to re-ride, though:emoji_wink:

Last edited:
Revolution at Pleasure Beach, however I wouldn’t class it as a proper launch coaster, so my first ‘proper’ one was Rita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stealth (weird I did this before any other Thorpe coaster and this was a point where I used to be a lot more scared of rides), Rita, Red Force, Furius Baco