What's new

What would make a good, new, flat ride for Thorpe Park

Top Spins are not appropriate for any park; they're gash. The suspended model is a lot better, granted, but once you've been on one there's no real rush to actually bother again.

If they were to go down the Top Spin route, a Mondial Rollover or Splashover (like that double top spin thing at Canada's Wonderland) wouldn't be a bad option. At least that way it's something noticeably different from that thing down the road at Chessington. I'm not saying I personally want to see them get one, just that it's something different from the normal top spins that were pretty much redundant 10 years ago.

Honestly, rather than an existing ride type, I think they're more likely to go for something new that hasn't been seen before. In which case, **** knows really.

May just be me, but I'd love to see a decent sized Booster. Don't the park models have two towers so the capacity isn't as bad?

Wait, speaking of capacity, maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea for a park as busy as Thorpe. Would still be awesome though.

They should also just rip Vortex out and replace it with a massive Gyro Swing. I used to like Vortex but I'm sick of it being so **** and hit and miss.

I think the flats are one of the main reasons I go to Thorpe so much, I definitely remember them being far more intimidating than the coasters when I first became an enthusiast. Rush still makes me a bit anxious before riding, which, apart from drop towers, nothing else really manages to have that effect on me. They've got a pretty damn good line-up IMO!

owenrita121 said:
I want one of these;
05.jpg_920.jpg
I've heard the jump2 has a huge power consumption. Its about 1 1/4 megawatts while the other giant rides are about a 5th of that. I heard a rumour that Thorpe have ruled out a jump2 because of this.

What I think Thorpe needs is a good spin ride, like a breakdance or Huss booster. A twist and splash is probably not a great idea as they already have the similar mack teacups.

Idlewild said:
owenrita121 said:
I want one of these;
05.jpg_920.jpg
I've heard the jump2 has a huge power consumption. Its about 1 1/4 megawatts while the other giant rides are about a 5th of that. I heard a rumour that Thorpe have ruled out a jump2 because of this.

What I think Thorpe needs is a good spin ride, like a breakdance or Huss booster. A twist and splash is probably not a great idea as they already have the similar mack teacups.
Im not saying that they should get one, but It would look cool if they did.

^ I'll do it for £200 + VAT.

Just going to print of my engineering certificate from the university of internet now.

jamesc said:
Or just change the current cars to flying ones it be cheaper.
Um, you do realise that they're both completely different manufacturers? It would more then likely not be possible to add flying cars to it...

tks said:
^ I'll do it for £200 + VAT.

Just going to print of my engineering certificate from the university of internet now.
Such a Cowboy. I can see you being on Rogue Builders <3

Do any parks in the UK have a starflyer type ride (Obvs no windskeekers so far) ?
Just throwing it out there as its something they don't have yet.

^^ lol Ed!

AltonTowersFan said:
Simple, get rid of Zodiac, get one of these Fly Away:
HussFlyAway.jpg

Same thing, but lying down.

A better idea would be to just travel the world with explosives and destroy all the current ones in existence, then go to Huss and destroy all records of the things ever existing.

Though to be fair, if one was at Thorpe, it would be so neutered it'd probably be a perfectly fine experience. It's just when they're run properly they're hideous.

Nah, there's still a chance that it may be moved! Burn them all!

-lofty- said:
jamesc said:
Or just change the current cars to flying ones it be cheaper.
Um, you do realise that they're both completely different manufacturers? It would more then likely not be possible to add flying cars to it...
They are both manufactured by Huss...

^I was mistaking it for a Fly-Away thing, by a different manufacturer. It's the EXACT same ha. Like a knock-off version.

I hope that no parks in the UK get a Starflyer, they're absolutely boring for a ride experience!