What's new

Which "new for 2015" ride are you most excited for?

Mechanica at Liseberg seems good, and rides like TC and WC really excite me, shame there isnt anything of real interest in the UK, oh well more of a spur to go abroad :p

Nemesis Inferno said:
Hyde said:
^ There is a reason that all RMC's thus far (Outlawn Run, Iron Rattler, and NTG) have been ranked in the Mitch Hawker Top 10 thus far. ;)

Let's not act as if anyone on here actually believes the Mitch Hawker poll is 100% accurate of everyone's opinion...
No, not accurate of everyone's opinion, but arguably the best roller coaster survey we have on hand. Point being - RMC makes some pretty damn good roller coasters. Both Twisted Colossus and Wicked Cyclone look to be good additions for 2015.

Re: Which "new for 2015" ride are you most excited for?

All of them! :p

My personal favs are Fury 325, the 2 RMCs, Batman the Ride, Thunderbird, Baron 1898, Karnan, and Gardaland's dive machine.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Nemesis Inferno said:
are there many projects this year on a similar scale to Helix...?

This:

fullsizerender-1024x335.jpg

I don't think I'll get there this year, but in terms of something new I think it's one of the most interesting thing we've seen in a while. It's the tallest Mack has ever gone, with two inversions (one of which is looking to be the world's biggest loop) and a crapload of airtime hills.

Definitely Fury 325. I am a huge fan of B&M hypers, and this looks like it may bump Leviathan off of my no. 1 spot.

Oh, and Wicked Cyclone.

I'm most excited about Twisted Colossus because it's probably the only new coaster I'll be able to ride.

I'm bumping this for no apparent reason. *shifty eyes*

Only gonna mention the ones I'll be (most likely) riding this year.

Cu Chixulub or whatever it is called in Ireland. Will be fab.
Acrobat at Nagashima Spaland in Japan. I love B&M flyers and I'm sure this will be amazzzziiiiinnnngggg.
The Sky Fly Red Arrows at Blackpool should also be good fun, looking forward to that.

OK, so not quite the same scale but the new cred at Alton Towers also...it's a new cred at a Merlin park...at the end of the day (you're another day older) you can't say that every year :p

I'll ride Wicked Cyclone and Fury 325 at minimum and HOPEFULLY Twisted Colossus. WC is my fav so far but 325 does look quite good.

Cannibal at Lagoon. It's such an oddball ride and it will supposedly only have lap bar restraints, which will likely create one of the strangest experiences on a roller coaster. Sadly, I will probably not ride it this year or next year, but I'll try to visit SLC in the next five years.

^ Be careful with your abbreviations on here! SLC may mean Salt Lake City to you, but to most on here, it means Suspended Looping Coaster(or a pile of **** ). Just for future reference ;)

I've changed my mind from Fury to Cannibal and Thunderbird!

Cannibals drop is just ridiculous and Thunderbird looks like it flush round the track!

GuyWithAStick said:
^ Be careful with your abbreviations on here! SLC may mean Salt Lake City to you, but to most on here, it means Suspended Looping Coaster(or a pile of **** ). Just for future reference ;)

Considering the context of XLR8R's post I doubt there were too many people thinking he means the Vekoma crapmachine with SLC... ;)