What's new

Wonderland pier closing forever (Ocean City, New Jersey)

Got dem credz. 🤷‍♂️

I've been there four times over the past 20 years and have seen them take more and more adult rides out and not really replace them with much.... meanwhile Castaway Cove a few blocks to the South has invested *millions* of dollars in new rides and coasters, so it's not a surprise. Hopefully the carousel gets saved

This will hopefully put an end to permit denials for Playland's Castaway Cove by Jay Gillian, who also happens to be the mayor of Ocean City for the past decade. I've always felt it was unfair that Playland's competitor overseas the city's building and zoning permits.

I would love to see Castaway pick up the property. I didn't get to visit when I was in Ocean City (just had time for Castaway), but I heard the flume and dark ride are top notch. It would be perfect for them because they could expand similar to Jolly Roger at the other Ocean City.

I'd love to see another park give Morey's a run for their money too. Those wristband prices are insane.

Small update to this. Looks like the land has been sold to a hotel developer:

Visited for the first (and presumably last) time the other day. Not much to write home about but the log flume was good fun.